Support Forums

Full Version: I like a friend of mine and she knows that I do. How do I make the next step?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I like a friend of mine and she knows that I do. I'm not sure if she still thinks that or if she thinks that I used to. Anyways at the moment she is trying to forget about her crush who just graduated So I talk to her regularly but not over obsessively.

So anyways I'm just wondering how and when I should take the next step. I told her that I'm fine with just being friends but I didn't tell her how much she really means to me.

People are telling me to ask her out but the problem is she is really picky and she hates situations where she has to turn people down. By picky I mean she said she would never be with someone who she couldn't be herself around. She wants someone that she feels 100% um.....perfect with.
...Hm...sounds like there isn't too much to this situation. If she knows you like her already, what do you have to lose? I mean its not like a lot of people who are scared of what the other person might think, she already knows you like her...So i guess the next step would be to tell her how you feel and tell her you want to be with her. I mean if she hasn't tried to avoid you or anything since figuring out you like her, I assume she likes you too. So just ask her and see what happens from there
The best way would be to talk to her friends and tell them you like this girl, also, it's your chance while this guy she liked is not around to make the feeling go back again. Always be with her, if she doesn't like to go out with you just herself, invite her friends and socialize Smile Befriend her friends Big Grin
Well if your good friends with her, and you did manage to ask her out, don't change yourself for her in that situation, and things won't change. She'll still be able to be herself around you, and a stronger bond between the both of you will form when you get to spend more time together. Not good to rush into a relationship soon after a previous one though, and that would be my only consideration when advising you to ask her out or not.
She wasn't in a relationship. She just really liked the guy. I didn't ask her out, I just told her that I liked her because my "friend" was threatening to do it himself, so I wanted to tell her myself. I didn't actually ask her out.
Then try to get close to her. Like everyone's saying, socialize with her around, hang out alone time to time with her. Get close and make her feel she can talk to you about anything and a bond will form which will help you take the next step and ask her out. But be slow, you don't want to upset or something. Best of luck dude!
(07-09-2011, 04:19 AM)Mayhem Wrote: [ -> ]Then try to get close to her. Like everyone's saying, socialize with her around, hang out alone time to time with her. Get close and make her feel she can talk to you about anything and a bond will form which will help you take the next step and ask her out. But be slow, you don't want to upset or something. Best of luck dude!
I would say this.

Make it seem like you're just friends. But gradually over time, try to become more personal.

Start with movies, then invite her over for dinner, etc.
(07-09-2011, 06:10 AM)Justin Wrote: [ -> ]I would say this.

Make it seem like you're just friends. But gradually over time, try to become more personal.

Start with movies, then invite her over for dinner, etc.

That's good too, you could add it with my post as how to bond with her and get close.
If she needs someone who she's 100% comfortable around then are you that person? Is she comfortable around you? If she is go for it and ask her out, you've nothing to lose really.
With girls it's all about asking the question, they're waiting for it to. Just ask if she likes you, or if she want's to go out on a date. Either will get you a fast answer, and it won't be awkward if she does turn you down at this point in time. If you never ask you'll never know.
Pages: 1 2 3