Support Forums

Full Version: my shitty life (would like advice)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, ill start with a summary of my life, im 16 years old, never had a girlfriend. My "best friend" irritates the fudge out of me not to be mean or anything but he has something about him that get to me everyday, I pretend to be ok with everything and im successful at repressing all the insults and depressing events in my life that involve him. A few weeks back I didn't think that I'd feel so alone, like im different and no one understands but now I do and it is terrible.

after a few weeks I thought I had given up all hope of (real) happiness but there is this girl, she recently got a job where I work. she is a year younger than me and very outgoing. she had ask me for my number and we have been texting each other ever since. I really like her but Im not sure if she likes me back, we flirt alot in text but when we hang out it gets kinda awkward (not alot though)between both of us. But then I find out my "best friend" likes her too and is also flirting with her via text, my social skills aren't the best but his surpasses mine (its not the first time he has stolen my chances at getting girls). she thinks that im ok with him but it is eating me away inside. So now every time I see them together my heart sinks just a little each time, I'm to much of a nice guy so I cant approach him and ask him to stop or anything. I have been that way for as long as I can remember.

She is amazing but I don't want to loose another girl I like to my friend which is a total dick to everyone. Im trying my hardest to get with her but I don't know, I think that Im fighting a loosing battle Sad

I need advice, Im not sure what to do at all. Sad

That is your problem, to much of a nice guy. Your friend sees that and takes advantage of you. Put your foot down and tell him what is up. It seems to me as if she does like you.
(07-06-2011, 12:30 AM)jhfire Wrote: [ -> ]That is your problem, to much of a nice guy. Your friend sees that and takes advantage of you. Put your foot down and tell him what is up. It seems to me as if she does like you.

being nice is like a habbit that I cant control. ive tried before and I tend to over do it and become an assh0le
Welcome to my life... You just have to be a social butterfly.
Face the reality, stop texting her, and see her in real life more then he would. The more close you are to her IRL the better it is.
@ Rilf I hung out with her all week.
--------------

I finaly asked her out and she said yes, but heres where it gets horrible. after a few hour I wasnt sure if I liked her the way that I had once thought and she didnt either, so I get a text asking if it was too soon and we both agreed it was so we called it off, now Im embarrassed that I think I ruined the friendship and im scared that it is now going to get awkward everytime I see her. She was the first girl ive ever asked out, now I have no confidence in myself anymore.

I know, I fail, no need to rub it in.
Ok well I can relate because I've gone through some dark times myself dealing with a lot of suicidal thoughts and self loathing problems which I still battle today. I suggest you finding a new best friend. If you do not like him then I'm sure there are other people to hang out with. It is good that you have found a girl that you like and you need to explain to your friend that you really like this girl and that you would like him to back off a little bit. If that doesn't work then you need to be the one to ask her out. A little awkwardness never hurt anyone hanging out... As long as you can make her laugh and you can successfully hold a conversation and flirt with her then you have a fighting chance. Im not sure where you live, but if you need a friend or someone to talk to I will be here. You really should try and find a new best friend though. If he really makes you mad then you should try to do new thing, sports, or activities to meet new people and to help you branch out a little more. Doing this will also help you work on your people skills which will always be beneficial in the future. I wish you the best of luck with this girl and I hope that everything turns out good in the end. I really hope that my post helped and if you ever want to talk you can PM me and Ill help you try and get through it.
You have to stop waiting and just go for it. Ask her out! Worst case scenario you get a little bit of real world experience. Also, don't let your friend take advantage of you because your'e too nice! You have to stick up for yourself and take a risk. Best of luck!
He's seriously taking advantage of you(your best friend). You shouldn't keep him as your best friend anymore or you'll be stuck in a muddle. He'll enjoy himself while bringing you down and get the girls, opportunities and basically ruin your life. Get a new one. There are really good people out there for you to hang out with. About the girl thing: Okay, so your first date didn't go so well. Big whoop. Doesn't matter! Get a bit closer to her, more friendly. Then you could try asking her out if you think you can do it. Getting closer will help in making you feel more comfortable talking with her and will remove some of the awkwardness. This is all I can say I guess. Good Luck Mate! Hope it works out alright! XD