Support Forums

Full Version: Am I going down the wrong path?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love my life right now, but I also love ACTION.

I'm really good with Math + Computers, and I'd love to learn more about them in the future. However I also love helping people.

I've been thinking a lot about my future lately and what I should go into. I started with Lawyer, moved onto Law Enforcement, and then moved into Federal Agencies.. now I don't know what to do. I feel if I go into Law Enforcement or being a lawyer I'm putting my life on the line and having a family will be hard.

Or I can go into what I'm good at and find a job that I like and find some other way to help people and have fun.
Well first of all having fun at what you do is important.
You go to your job everyday, if you don't like it then it's going to suck.
I'd say go with what you like to do as long as you're making a decent amount of money at it where you can support your family.
(07-03-2011, 08:17 PM)M_a_X Wrote: [ -> ]Are you asian?

Asian isn't a race.

But anyways, the matter is what makes you happen and if it's a honest job.
Being a lawyer, you can still have a family and being a cop to. No matter what you do getting a family won't be effect by your job.

@Epicly asian is a nationality so you can call someone just plain asian.

And no matter what path you go down, it can't be the wrong one unless drugs and illegal things are involved. What you are good at and what you like are two different things.
To be honest, we cannot give you information that majorly effects your life, if it was me I'll stick to being a lawyer, best option for a life.
Go with what you like. You don't want to hate your job. A job which you're good at and something you might find fun in doing is what you should go for. If you like being a lawyer then go for it. If you think going into law enforcement will put your neck on the line then don't do it.
You want to help people but you should remember not to forget your family. Family first.
You have two options:

1. If you pick the job you like, you will enjoy your life and your family.

2. If you pick the job you hate, but makes the most money, you will not enjoy your life and just be another slave.

Your choice, good luck.
Being a Lawyer is the easiest option while having a family as you get to work a lot at home, and I believe you are going the right path. Your life will be successful.
You need to look at it like this. Which is the thing you enjoy most to do. I have always wanted to be a cop and the though of law enforcement fascinates me. I am going into my freshman year of college soon and I plan on majoring in special education... another one of my hobbies. I teach with "WDSRA" a program that teaches handicap children how to play different sports. We also match them up on team just like they would do it in park district leagues with jerseys, hats, trophys, ect. Your not the only one with a choice to make. I know that being a special education teacher will not get me the biggest house or get me the nicest car, but its something I love doing and it is something I see myself doing for the rest of my life. I just suggest that you make a choice of what you like the best and can enjoy waking up in the morning and going to your job. Best of luck with your decision.
Well you can have the best of both worlds. You could try to get a job as a defense contracter. You don't necessarily have to go to another country. There are many firms local to many major cities. The job is much less strenuous than a federal law enforcement agencie, the pay is better, and you have the same perks. DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE DECIDE FOR YOU! This is your life you are talking about so take advice from people but don't let them choose for you! Good Luck!