Support Forums

Full Version: My Girlfriends turning EMO, should I bail?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Some of you might remember me talking about her recently about other 'sexual' problems. Well we managed to sort that out but now it's even worse. She's met this new group of friends in her college and there all sort of emo/gothic style.

I've never personally had a clique or been stereotypical towards others but I've always been sort of sporty,casual type guy with good friends. Where I'm from Emos hate these type of guys and rarely socialize with them. I saw her yesterday, her make up has changed, she has died bits of her hair red and she was wearing all black. I even said to her right there and then, 'why the fudge are you dressed like an emo' She replied ' I'm not Brian, it's scene' Now I looked up 'scene' in google and it looks pretty dam emo to me !

Anyway it's only a matter of time before her friends pressure her into loyalty so I know she will bail on me soon.

She says she loves me and I love her and shes not the kind of girl that people dump, but these are different circumstances.

The question is do I wait to see if this is just a phase and try to get her to go back to the way she was? Or do I dump her before she dumps me !?
Well it seems like this has not been going on for a long time... So its most likely just a phase...
Just see if it passes over, and if it does not, then do what you want.

At least tell her how it affects you...
Well, if you love her, don't bail. It's probably just a phase. Talk to her about it, and if she loves you, she'll understand.
Agree with person above me. If you love them, you should never leave someone for what they look like or how they dress.
Thanks as always for the replies Smile You all concur that it's probably just a phase so I'll go along with that for now and hope she gets bored of it Smile She's assured me I won't be dumped unless I cheat so I guess I should be pretty happy <3
She's experimenting with her clothing style, who cares? Obviously if she's dating you then she likes the sporty/casual type, that doesn't change when she changes her clothes.

Just don't be closed minded about it either, let her do her own thing.
I also think you have the definition of "emo" confused
Do you love her? Does she love you? Emo people can be highly emotional, so talk to her carefully. But you can't control her life all the time. If she wants to be a emo, let her. It's her life, her choice.
(06-25-2011, 11:06 AM)Condoms Wrote: [ -> ]Emo people can be highly emotional

You think because she's wearing darker clothing she's suddenly highly emotional?
(06-25-2011, 11:04 AM)Mute Wrote: [ -> ]She's experimenting with her clothing style, who cares? Obviously if she's dating you then she likes the sporty/casual type, that doesn't change when she changes her clothes.

Just don't be closed minded about it either, let her do her own thing.
I also think you have the definition of "emo" confused

Yeah I don't really have a problem with her experimenting the clothing style and stuff, I was mainly worried about her going off me and bailing with her new emoish friends. Basically getting to the stage where she would have to choose them or me. I didn't want that so I'm letting her go through the phase and seeing how it goes. And yeah she said shes 'scene' which is actually quite hot apparently after I asked my friends about it Tongue
Scene is different than "Emo". Emo is all in the mind, scene is your style, your dress, etc. Don't you know what emo means? It has nothing to do with how you dress. There's lots of emo people, who dress differently.
Pages: 1 2 3