Support Forums

Full Version: How to Make Your Own Ringtones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Well if your like me than you love getting new ringtones of your favorite songs, but there is always that cost involved just to get them. It could cost anywhere from $10 a month to $5 a ringtone which in my opinion is outrageous especially since you can make it yourself.

To make your ringtones you will need to download a program called Audacity. Audacity is a freeware program that edits all types of music files except those with a .wma format because of the restrictions that windows has on it. But don't fret you can convert a file with a .wma format into a .mp3 or other compatible format using a program, but be careful because many programs have malware viruses and other harmful stuff that can hurt your computer. To download Audacity please visit the following link http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/.

[Image: 1yjy.jpg]

Now you need to install audacity so open the installation file and the setup will appear. Click Next, Select I accept the agreement and press Next. Press Next again and choose where you want to install the audacity program. Then check any preferences regarding shortcuts and file association. Press install, and now Audacity is now installed so press the finish button.

[Image: 9.png]

Now that you have audacity installed choose the song you want to make into a ringtone. There are many websites and programs to get your songs so just google it but be careful.

Double click Audacity and open the program and now you need to open the song you choose. So go to File > Open and select the song you want to edit.

[Image: 2ziz.jpg]

Now you will have to make your ringtone. So listen to the song and decide on what your ringtone to be. After you decide click at the beginning of the ringtone to mark it. Then after you make sure it's placement is perfect highlight the area to the left and press delete.

[Image: 3.jpg]

Now find the end of your ringtone and highlight the area to the right of it and press delete.

[Image: 4sps.jpg]

Now that you have your ringtone all alone you will need to export it into .mp3 format which is compatible with most phones. To do this you will first need to download and install the LAME library. The LAME library can be found at http://lame.buanzo.com.ar/.

[Image: 5.jpg]

Download LAME and after it's downloaded double click the installer. Click Next, Select I accept the agreement and press next. Select where you want to install the Lame and press Next. Press the install button and wait for it to install. After it's done press the finish button.

[Image: 6.jpg]

Once LAME is installed go to File > Export as MP3.

[Image: 8.jpg]

Select where you would like to
save your ringtone and it should just take a few minutes to load.

[Image: 7.jpg]

You have now created a ringtone without paying a single penny, and you get the exact part of the song you want. Now all you have to worry about is getting the ringtone to your phone.
This is a very helpful and detailed tutorial. Thanks. I have an iPhone, so i am not sure if it will work with it, but i have apps on my phone that allow me to create them anyways. If i had 100 posts, i would rep you for this, but i dont. Thanks.

Very good guide, i'm trying it right now Smile
(06-16-2011, 10:48 PM)Most Dope Wrote: [ -> ]This is a very helpful and detailed tutorial. Thanks. I have an iPhone, so i am not sure if it will work with it, but i have apps on my phone that allow me to create them anyways. If i had 100 posts, i would rep you for this, but i dont. Thanks.
Your Welcome, and it will work with any phone that is compatible with mp3 files.

(06-17-2011, 01:54 AM)Daymolition Wrote: [ -> ]Very good guide, i'm trying it right now Smile

Thank you.
nice this is a great tut integrity!
Thank You, I put a lot of work into it.
I love using Audacity on the computer, but there are also many very user-friendly apps for iPhone allowing you to 'crop' your songs and add effects to them. Either way, great tutorial.
Thank you, I have never tried those apps, but I bet they would work just as well.
Thanks for the guide, maybe a should try and make a Dubstep ringtone.Smile
Your welcome, and that would be pretty cool.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6