Support Forums

Full Version: I think there is something with my dog :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey SF

i really need ur guy's help here i think there is something wrong with my dog "praying that there isnt"

i really hope there isnt....

i let her sleep with me in my bed everynight and i was just sitting here and she was sleeping then i heard her make a weird noise and she started like grunting

it sounded like she was choking on something she was caughing and grunting.

so i picked her up and pat'd her back and nothing came up i set her down and put her near her water bowl to see if she needed something to drink she didnt drink anything

somebody help me please.
Hello,

I will try and help you with this situation, let me start off with a couple of questions.

How old is your dog?
Breed of your dog?
Did she move her head while doing this, was she looking down while doing it?
Was the weird noise coming from the nose, or the throat?
(06-16-2011, 02:03 PM)Dr. Leffler Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I will try and help you with this situation, let me start off with a couple of questions.

How old is your dog?
Breed of your dog?
Did she move her head while doing this, was she looking down while doing it?
Was the weird noise coming from the nose, or the throat?

from what i can remember ive had her since 2005 or 2004.

She is a mutt i know she has terrior in her forsure i cant tell what else , ill post pics if needed.

Uhm she was looking down a little bit but not constant.

Also it was coming from the throat
Please relate to this video and choose which one below best fits the example to your situation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HXcMLokADc

A. Not the same gesture, but did sound like.
B. Sounds like, and did the same gesture.
(06-16-2011, 02:14 PM)Dr. Leffler Wrote: [ -> ]Please relate to this video and choose which one below best fits the example to your situation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HXcMLokADc

A. Not the same gesture, but did sound like.
B. Sounds like, and did the same gesture.

Im going to go with B.
because it was like a choking noise along with that reverse sneezing noise.

but her gestures were alike
Okay, than my guess is going to be this is whats called a "Inward Sneeze" common and completely normal. If, it persists and become more violent then I recommend a doctors visit.

Glad I could help you today and put your mind at a state of rest. Smile
Go with her to a veterinary doctor?
(06-16-2011, 03:53 PM)Dr. Leffler Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, than my guess is going to be this is whats called a "Inward Sneeze" common and completely normal. If, it persists and become more violent then I recommend a doctors visit.

okay as long as it was just a sneeze.

i was thinking it was a loss of breath or something because she was sleeping and woke up and started doing it so i thought she had a bad dream and couldnt catch her breathe.

Thank you for your help if i could +1 u i would.

(06-16-2011, 04:05 PM)Chr0sy Wrote: [ -> ]Go with her to a veterinary doctor?

No need to spend money to go to a vet

because Dr. Leffler was able to help me
(06-16-2011, 03:53 PM)Dr. Leffler Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, than my guess is going to be this is whats called a "Inward Sneeze" common and completely normal. If, it persists and become more violent then I recommend a doctors visit.

Do as the vet says lol
(06-16-2011, 04:40 PM)Opulence Wrote: [ -> ]Do as the vet says lol

Already have im going to close this thread now thank you all for ur help & support
Pages: 1 2