Support Forums

Full Version: Killifish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone ever breed these? thinking of trying it as I have plenty of tanks and stuff lying around but ive heard it can be a bit difficult.

Cheers
ive heard of Killifish before they are small , but if u want to try them out go ahead
what have u heard that can be difficult? settings up a fish tank?
Well I've been keeping and breeding fish for a few years, but from what I can gather it is hard to get this species to breed in captivity most of the strains have a short life span of only a year or so,.
I've never heard of them before. I have had fish before, they are a mess and not really any fun to own like having a cat or dog. But for those of you who do not know what they look like, you can take a quick look here:

-> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=kil...40&bih=809
(06-15-2011, 07:34 PM)~#TripCode#~ Wrote: [ -> ]Well I've been keeping and breeding fish for a few years, but from what I can gather it is hard to get this species to breed in captivity most of the strains have a short life span of only a year or so,.

breed them in there own cage? and hope for the best
I breed my trout some times
(06-15-2011, 09:19 PM)ILOVEW33D™ Wrote: [ -> ]breed them in there own cage? and hope for the best

Cages aint the best at holding water tho :p
(06-17-2011, 07:05 PM)~#TripCode#~ Wrote: [ -> ]Cages aint the best at holding water tho :p

Well played.

Anyway, I had a beta once. I thought it was the greatest thing ever, but I honestly cant remember what happened to it.
as long as you feed them well i think they're easy to become pet. but they cant do tricks. LOL