Support Forums

Full Version: Awkward moment when talking with girls..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I havn't had problems with it, but it's happened often lately.
Example, today, I had a grillparty with my classroom, one of my friends brought her friend with her (I got sympathy for her)
While I were sitting next to her I couldn't start a subject we could talk about or anything. The only sentence I said was "You're pretty with short hair" nothing else. I don't feel shy at all, it's just, I couldn't say anything.. Any ideas ?

All feedback is appreciated !
Greetings.

Quote:I don't feel shy at all, it's just, I couldn't say anything

Yes you are. Stop thinking that you are not being shy around her. If you wern't shy then you would had been able to talk to her about anything. Or you can take another path and say that you're a bad talker when it comes to talking with a girl.

You probably made her feel creeped out. You can't just randomly tell a girl that you don't know at all, that their pretty with short hair, especially when you added the short hair part. Maybe you should take a more friendly approach, and introducing yourself. Just tell her your name, and then talk about the surrounding of the class. Just ask her how she thinks about the grillparty, and just agree with her or tell her otherwise. That is a good way to start a conversation. You can ask her some questions, asking like how old she is, and what she likes to do, and all that. Just talk to her more, and THEN say that you think she's pretty. But make sure that she looks like she's attracted to you. If she isn't attracted to you, then don't say it. If she looks like she's interested, then say it, and then offer to get her the food or something, but obviously you can't since the grillparty ended.

But I think your hopes for that girl is up, because now she feels really creeped out. If you still want to talk to the girl, and if she does feel creeped out, then just go up to her and say "Sorry, I didn't know what I was saying; I'm just a really shy guy trying to talk to a pretty lady" or something around that line. You might think it's corny, but some girls like corny guys. If she doesn't like corny guys, then just ignore everything I just said in this paragraph. But that tells you that she can be a shallow girl and just like a person just because of looks. So just grow some courage, and be confident and just talk to the girl. Even if you talk to her without apologizing, she won't tell you that everything you say or do with her is creepy, so just make sure that she knew that you didn't mean to say that, and meant to talk to her.

GoodLuck!
- Brandenx781
Hey
If you said that "your pretty with short hair" I'd be very creeped out especially if that was the only thing you were saying to me. Try and be funny. Girls tend to like someone who is confident and funny. One of my friends is the goofiest guy out there....Looks like a stronger Napoleon Dynamite. He is confident and funny and all the girls eat him up lol. Crack some jokes and have a good time dont think about being awkward. Just be natural.
I don't necessarily think she would be freaked out, it might have been a random strange compliment but it's still a compliment and girls LOVE compliments. She now knows you think she's pretty so she will certainly be keeping her eye on you which is the hard part over. Now comes your problem with not knowing what to say. Why not add her facebook, talk to her on chat, check her groups, see what kind of music she is in to. You might have allot of things in common with her and have plenty of ideas of conversation when you see her in real life.
(06-15-2011, 02:56 PM)Brandenx781 Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings.

Yes you are. Stop thinking that you are not being shy around her. If you wern't shy then you would had been able to talk to her about anything. Or you can take another path and say that you're a bad talker when it comes to talking with a girl.

- Brandenx781
I don't think he was really shy.
I know what he feels. At first when I started talking to my girl friend alone, I couldn't really talk about anything. I didn't feel shy, it's just nothing came to my mind because I don't know if she would feel comfortable with it.

But now we just talk about random things and whatnot Tongue.
Thanks everybody, I don't think she's creeped out, but maybe I am shy without noticing it myself? Lol
talking come natural for some people but not for others; Some advice is just to practice with random people you see around like at the mall. Try to start a conversation based off what they are buying or a topic in the news. As you practice you get better.
I use to have this same problem. I was so scared to talk to girls, like i had no clue why. My current GF, ive known her for three years, weve dated like 4 times, is amazing. I can be 100% myself with her for the first time ever. The other times we dated, it was awkward as hell. What i am trying to say is, if you get to know them first, it will help things.When your talking to a girl, try to be yourself. Do NOT try to be somebody your not, cause then it makes everything worse. Trust me, ive tried that. Be yourself, try to make her laugh, get to know her. you need to find a girl who you can be yourself with, and the hottest girl in your school probably will not be that one. Looks dont matter, its a matter of being happy.

Remember, just be yourself. Dont be afraid that she will think you are weird or stupid, cause you are who you are, and you shouldnt let anybody change that. If they don't like who you are, then they shouldnt be with you.

better then me, i dont even bother talking to girls, afraid of getting hurt! but still, dont be afraid, if she says no then its her loss