Support Forums

Full Version: I need some advice. :'(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Need some help. Sad
Okay, I've been slacking off this semester to the point where there's now a week left of school before exams, and I'm failing a lot of classes...

I have Math, English, Business, and Programming this semester.

I don't THINK I'm failing Math, but I don't have a good mark. I'm failing English, I have a 51 in Business, and I'm doing decent in Programming although he hasn't counted the 0s for the stuff I didn't hand in. Probably won't fail that, though.

So my Business and English teachers are giving me a second chance, they gave me a lot of work to do and said that they'll let me finish it now and hand it in to boost my mark.

In both of those two classes, I have a FSE project worth a lot of my final mark. In English it's 10%, and Business is 10-20%, not entirely sure. Sad

My English project was due yesterday, and I didn't finish it. I have to present on Monday, which is two days from now, and I'm basically fudged. I don't even know where I put the paper for the assignment, so I'll have to message someone on Facebook who can hopefully send it to me, although it was already due and they probably handed in the rubric and crap with the project, since they did it.
The first part of the project was due the Monday that passed, and I didn't finish that, either. I think there might have been a separate rubric for that, too, I don't even know right now. :/

If I don't present Monday, she'll probably just give me a 0 for the project and not let me present later, and I'll definitely fail the class. I'm already failing... she didn't even want to tell me what mark I have.

My business project is due next Monday, and I think I can do that one.

Just this English.... Sad

I know, it's completely my fault, I fudged up, I was messing around and not doing much work for the last little while (which caused me to get where I am now).

So what the hell am I supposed to do? I'm really upset, although it's ironic because I put myself in the position I'm in. :'(

Help! :''(
How exactly could we help you?
It was your laziness which led to this situation. I would suggest getting off such forums and hitting the books.
(06-11-2011, 05:14 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly could we help you?
It was your laziness which led to this situation. I would suggest getting off such forums and hitting the books.

Quote for the truth!
Try to spend less time navigating in the internetz and try to study a bit! Oui

(06-11-2011, 05:14 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly could we help you?

Well, the thing that I didn't say was that I'm feeling extremely unmotivated lately due to the fact that my mom walked out on us, and my dad's been depressed because of it.

She moved to Britain with her new boyfriend. :/

I also have severe depression and am taking medication for it, and that didn't help.
Well, that changes things a bit.
If you need the right kind of motivation, think about your dad. Your father is probably having a hard time dealing with the situation, so the least he needs is more stress.

If you concentrate a little and put the rest of your time to use, I know you can do wonders.
Study-wise, what you're going through is quite common. I know how you feel because I've been through the same thing.

All I do is prioritize myself and stop procrastinating.