Support Forums

Full Version: Help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i will post this thread, in this section, because this forums doesn't have a section for computers, offtopic.

i made a partition to my hardrive, which for some unfathomable reason i can't seem to delete, my hardrive is 320GB but i can only currently use 87GB any help please, thanks for reading.
Could you please explain in more detail, why are you making this partition? Also are you trying to format your comp too?
well i wanted to make a partition for Ubuntu, but soon after i realized that it just dual booted on the same hardrive without a partition needed, and i want to delete the partition i made so i can get my memory back to it...
You have to deleted the partitions in order. So the latest one has to be deleted first before you can delete next.
but when i try to delete it, it doesn't show up...
What doesn't show up?
when i go-to control panel > administrative tools > computer management > Disk Management , it only shows my my 87GB hardrive, but i made a partition with the rest of my 233GB of space...it's quite annoying..
Your linux partition won't be running a partition format that is supported by windows so will not show up in the disc manager. I cant remember if there's any way to do it from windows but you'll probably have to just remove it from linux and the repartition the space using windows.
well Linux installed inside of windows, and is using the same space of my one hardrive, but then what i don't get is what happened to the rest of my memory?...
(06-11-2011, 12:34 AM)Jibbly Wrote: [ -> ]well Linux installed inside of windows, and is using the same space of my one hardrive, but then what i don't get is what happened to the rest of my memory?...

As far as I know that's not possible. They have to be on separate partitions or 1 overwrites the other.
Pages: 1 2