Support Forums

Full Version: The uncertainty that lingers when your house is being forclosed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I've been dealing with foreclosure for about 4 official months now. It started with small stuff that I can deal with and don't have to bitch about much, such as less and less food each weak, etc. Well now we've found out that the court has basically automatically filed us for what you may call the "default setting."

It means we've been filed and scheduled to get a notice on our door saying we have 5 days to move out before they lock out house. That means it would be theirs and if we entered the house that's a charge of breaking and entering. We have till Monday to read a document 1,300 pages long that tells us exactly how this part of the process does so we at least have a shot of stopping them, but that really doesn't seem likely.

So basically, I'm in fear of loosing my home at any moment and that is quite a shitty feeling.
Hey Pink Floyd, long time no talk and the first thing I see from you is bad news eh?

I won't tell you how sorry I am, instead I wish you luck with keeping your home or finding a new one man.
I'm sorry. Just a though : maybe you can find an organization that helps persons like you to deal with the court ?
Hiya Mute! yeah, sadly that happens in life sometimes.

@PlotHost that would be nice but man I tell you, all this "free" crap is, well, crap.
Well, you can't really do anything about being foreclosed now, so none of us can really help you on that. And I have much doubt that you will be able to read 1,300 pages in only 5 days. I think the best thing to do right now is to find somewhere else to stay after your house is closed down. You only have 5 days to do it, so you are basically having to pack up and find a good place to live for some time.

I'm not sure on how to go in this situation as I have never been in your problem. You can always try to get a lawyer, but that will also cost money, and seeing how you are basically being kicked out, you have to save your money for necessities such as food, clothing, materials, etc.

I just can't believe that they had to go into the default setting allowing you only 5 days to find an answer, and quick. You should've payed your mortgages if you had the money at the time, but now this is what has been brought to. I don't want to give you to much advice as I don't know much about dealing with the government and I don't want to point you in the wrong direction, but if you can, ask them if you can pay your mortgage with the money. Well that is only if you have the money, and if they let you. Once again, I'm not an expert at these situations, but at least it's something right?

If it IS just you living at the house then I will just say what I said in another person's thread about living with a friend. Just ask around and if you can stay with a friend for the time being then stay. All you need is a roof ontop of your head to sleep. If their parents say no which they will obviously, then just say that you'll help them clean around the house, and help them do stuff, and you'll be paying for your own food and supplies needed. All you need is to find a place to sleep, because it's a pretty scary thing where you have nowhere to sleep except in nature. I don't know if you can even turn to the police. I'm just spitting out ideas, since I've never been in the same situation as you, but I'm trying to help. Just try to persuade the parents, and you won't disturb anyone as much. Make sure you look presentable to the parents, because you know what they say. First impressions are always lasting impressions. So make sure you have a good look and a good presentation of why they should let you in the house and live there until you find another home to stay in.

Sorry if I wasn't as much help.
Thanks for the honest feedback. Smile. I know there's nothing I can do but I appreciate advice from people regarding the situation. Been packing too.
Welcome. I wish the best of luck, and hope you find a stable place to stay.