Support Forums

Full Version: Anyone have experience with vehicles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a 95 chevy tahoe. It's been sitting for about a year. It will only crank, it'll turn over if you pour gas into the carburetor. Today, I just replaced the fuel filter, and it still won't turn over. Would anyone happen to know why?
Definitely sounds like a fuel problem. Fuel pump went out maybe? When you turn the truck on, does the fuel pump make any noise? (it should be inside the gas tank)
Hopefully that's not it, cuz they're a pain in the arse to replace.
(06-11-2011, 12:26 PM)Terridax Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely sounds like a fuel problem. Fuel pump went out maybe? When you turn the truck on, does the fuel pump make any noise? (it should be inside the gas tank)
Hopefully that's not it, cuz they're a pain in the arse to replace.

this should actually be it. not to sure i have had a decent amount of different cars, never had this problem. do you not have money for a mechanic?if you dont then have one come to the car for a few bucks and they will tell you then u can fix your self if possible
I just bought a fuel pump, going to install it tomorrow. See if I can get it working. i'll update ya'll
I finally got the pump back on. About 2 days later I went back and looked because It was working. The 2 ground wires weren't connected. But it runs now (kind of ) I have to go pick up and EGR hose and hopefully that'll keep it from idling. The truck runs, only if you have your foot onthe gas
I do, with my Nissan. Gosh I love it!
My dad's a mechanic and I try to pay attention when I watch him work; this definitely seems like a faulty fuel pump.
Yes,Got two years experience.Because i bought a car back 2 years from now

2) power tools

You might need a lift or engine lift, but i've never had to use either. Rusted, frozen bolts are the main concern for messing up a repair. It pays to use a lubricant/inhibitor whenever u put back a screw. But power tools help them right along, just spend 20 min 24h, and 12h before the repair to spray some WD40 to loosen up the crude if you need to...