Support Forums

Full Version: Browsers and RAM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why do Browsers use a lot of RAM?

Which browser uses the least RAM?
Because they load stuff. Leaving youtube or any other apps like flash that preload videos open eats ram. Having too many tabs can also cause a problem. I suggest firefox or chrome, Don't use IE.
Opera uses the least.
(06-07-2011, 10:03 PM)0xE9 Wrote: [ -> ]Because they load stuff. Leaving youtube or any other apps like flash that preload videos open eats ram. Having too many tabs can also cause a problem. I suggest firefox or chrome, Don't use IE.

Yep as this guy said use firefox i wouldnt use chrome after finding out what i found out by Omni on HF, he may have posted it on here about chromes exploits etc.
(06-14-2011, 04:59 AM)INC3PT!0N™ Wrote: [ -> ]Yep as this guy said use firefox i wouldnt use chrome after finding out what i found out by Omni on HF, he may have posted it on here about chromes exploits etc.
That was over a year ago though. Right now I would say its quite secure/the most secure.
I think that Opera and Chrome uses the least RAM.

Firefox is somewhere in the middle.

And IE, although it has improved slightly uses alot.
Ram was never a problem for me. I have 8 GB and it barely bet goes past 3 when I'm doing nothing but web browsing. (not saying it takes up all 3)