Support Forums

Full Version: Depersonalization.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think I have this for about a month now I feel really like crap almost the feeling that I will go crazy and that I'm not really living it's a weird feeling which I can't describe,it's almost the feeling that you're stoned 24/7 but than worse. And I also have so many thoughts in my mind that it almost feels like it's going to explode,is there anyone with the same problem like me? I'm 17 years old btw,also for the people who want to read a little bit more about this; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization

Thanks.
Anyone please?
I'm just bumping this thread as I really would like to have atleast one reply on my thread.
Did you read about depersonalization BEFORE or AFTER you started feeling the effects?

Also, did anything depressing happen to you before you started feeling like this? Like someone died or anything?
Try getting involved in activities, running, eating healthy, and other things that include good things. You're probably feeling this way cause you don't get out or you're at home all day. Did anything happen to you before you started feeling this way?
(06-06-2011, 12:36 PM)Mute Wrote: [ -> ]Did you read about depersonalization BEFORE or AFTER you started feeling the effects?

Also, did anything depressing happen to you before you started feeling like this? Like someone died or anything?
I read about Depersonalization after I felt the symptoms,I told my mom that I feel like I'm in a dream and not really in my body and things like that and then I searched on the internet and I stumbled upon this and it exactly matched my symptoms,as I never heared about Depersonalization before. Also nothing really major happened prior but there's a constant pressure in my life. Also my sister left our home I think that has maybe something to do with it as well.

(06-06-2011, 12:45 PM)jhfire Wrote: [ -> ]Try getting involved in activities, running, eating healthy, and other things that include good things. You're probably feeling this way cause you don't get out or you're at home all day. Did anything happen to you before you started feeling this way?
Yeah yesterday I left the house with my dad to go visit some friends,and when I came there it was very hard to talk because It was like I was sleeping and very stoned and in a dream. But I felt better after that though.

I am extremely skeptical of many psychological descriptions, however this observation from the Wikipedia entry is logical:

"Though degrees of depersonalization and derealization can happen to anyone subject to temporary severe anxiety/stress, chronic depersonalization is more related to individuals who have experienced a severe trauma or prolonged stress/anxiety."

Basically, you feel disconnected from your life. The solution is to overcome it: by proactive attempts to connect with people or interests, by inactive patience, or a combination of both.

I am very hesistant to suggest seeing a health professional, since this type of difficulty usually attracts quack theories. Since this is a problem that is mental/intellectual/emotional, I believe that the best way of tackling it is through thinking devices. What you are doing is great: find out more about what is happening to you so that you can better understand it, be careful about using intelligent rather than speculative sources of information, and plan your recovery. I emphasise this because you have to be in control of your recovery. Professionals, and well-meaning laypeople, can sometimes make these situations worse, because there is no precise science when it comes to these symptoms.

Good luck, and keep us updated. You have our support.
(06-07-2011, 06:55 AM)Eve Wrote: [ -> ]I am extremely skeptical of many psychological descriptions, however this observation from the Wikipedia entry is logical:

"Though degrees of depersonalization and derealization can happen to anyone subject to temporary severe anxiety/stress, chronic depersonalization is more related to individuals who have experienced a severe trauma or prolonged stress/anxiety."

Basically, you feel disconnected from your life. The solution is to overcome it: by proactive attempts to connect with people or interests, by inactive patience, or a combination of both.

I am very hesistant to suggest seeing a health professional, since this type of difficulty usually attracts quack theories. Since this is a problem that is mental/intellectual/emotional, I believe that the best way of tackling it is through thinking devices. What you are doing is great: find out more about what is happening to you so that you can better understand it, be careful about using intelligent rather than speculative sources of information, and plan your recovery. I emphasise this because you have to be in control of your recovery. Professionals, and well-meaning laypeople, can sometimes make these situations worse, because there is no precise science when it comes to these symptoms.

Good luck, and keep us updated. You have our support.
Thank you Eve. You truly enlighten me <3

Wow dude not trying to be funny but stoned 24/7 would be pretty fun but I feel for ya bro.
(06-08-2011, 08:41 AM)Hydrocodone Wrote: [ -> ]Wow dude not trying to be funny but stoned 24/7 would be pretty fun but I feel for ya bro.
Maybe you can post something constructive? As this isn't really helping me out here,or are you just going for the 100 post mark?
(06-08-2011, 08:47 AM)Aridity Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you can post something constructive? As this isn't really helping me out here,or are you just going for the 100 post mark?
I would always recommend getting a professional opinion on if you have depersonalization or not, because I am not a big fan of self diagnosis.
Pages: 1 2