Support Forums

Full Version: I can't get Trignometry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ConfusedHas anyone got any tips or great guides for this? I live in the UK by the way. I can't seem to get my head around it.
What specific topic do you need assistance in?
Well the whole lot, I never knew they were specific topics but I suppose you can say the missing angles.
Give me a sample problem.
I put this together for you (All Images were created by me):

[Image: helptrig.png]

Enjoy, if you don't understand anything just ask me.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention, for pythagorean theorem. A^2 + B^2 = C^2

C = The hypotenuse (Always)
A and B can be any other side except the hypotenuse. You can get one of the sides referenced by A or B by using C^2 - B^2 = A^2 as well. Just remember that the C squared value is the hypotenuse length to the power of 2.

Pythagorean Theorem:
[Image: pythagorean.png]

Sample Problem:
[Image: sampleprob.png]

Note that the 37 degrees is a rounded value, to the nearest whole degree. You may be asked to round or leave it as is, depending on what kind of question you get.
Continued

Sample Problem: Finding A Side
[Image: sampleprob2.png]

Hope these graphics help you out a bit. For the cross multiplying and dividing, you will always put the Cos/Sin/Tan(Angle) all over 1 because you aren't there to change that value. Putting a number over 1 won't change a value. (Example: 4 = 4/1)

You are just creating a denominator so that you can cross multiply and divide those numbers to get the value of "X"
Thank you very much, Unleashed! Ths has been very helpful.
No problem, glad I could help out Smile
Very helpful Unleased. Big Grin

@OP, math is all about practice. Just solve and solve and solve. Big Grin