Support Forums

Full Version: [Suggestion] To stop the HF spammers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello SF.

I got this brilliant idea. You know how you can't rep before, you reach 100 post, which is a good thing. I was wondering, if we made a post limit for max 2-3 (maybe more, depends what Omni thinks) post every day until you reach 100 post.. So we can't get spammed with those LQ posts. I myself think it is a great idea, and i cannot see any downsides of this idea.

So what do you think?
2 -3, Is a bit OTT. I what needs to be done is the losers just get banned here for spamming (sam is doing a good job) But I think the best thing is they get banned or limited on hf too. Also I think a topic should be posted in hf rules section telling people this will get them a ban.

I mean seriously look at this asshat:
[Image: 1306869112-clip-23kb.png]

Typical hf kid who throws the work "skid" at people they have no clue about when they get upset.
(05-31-2011, 12:10 PM)0xE9 Wrote: [ -> ]2 -3, Is a bit OTT. I what needs to be done is the losers just get banned here for spamming (sam is doing a good job) But I think the best thing is they get banned or limited on hf too. Also I think a topic should be posted in hf rules section telling people this will get them a ban.

That would be a great thing to do, but i am 100% sure Omni wont do that. I 1000000000000% agree with you, that this should be taken down, HARD! But i don't think Omni will do it.
(05-31-2011, 12:12 PM)Stiggie Wrote: [ -> ]That would be a great thing to do, but i am 100% sure Omni wont do that. I 1000000000000% agree with you, that this should be taken down, HARD! But i don't think Omni will do it.
Yeah I think he won't act either. The whole idea of the award was to get members to post here, It just happens that the majority of people that desperate for an award just come here and spam.
(05-31-2011, 12:14 PM)0xE9 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I think he won't act either. The whole idea of the award was to get members to post here, It just happens that the majority of people that desperate for an award just come here and spam.

That is right, some other people also suggested that Omni should take the award down, but the wouldn't do that either. So lets see what he says.
(05-31-2011, 12:16 PM)Stiggie Wrote: [ -> ]That is right, some other people also suggested that Omni should take the award down, but the wouldn't do that either. So lets see what he says.
Yeah, I can see the reason he won't take it down as it does bring some legit members.
What I want to know is why someone would sit there for 2 hours solid spamming 100 posts just to get a 24x24 image. Maybe I could start a business with these people selling favicons for 3000$ lol.
(05-31-2011, 12:22 PM)0xE9 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I can see the reason he won't take it down as it does bring some legit members.
What I want to know is why someone would sit there for 2 hours solid spamming 100 posts just to get a 24x24 image. Maybe I could start a business with these people selling favicons for 3000$ lol.

Haha true true.. But lets see what the other members say Smile
Why you guys are worrying about the spam made from Support Feather? Just go to www.supportforums.net/bans.php and you will see that 50% of the people banned are spammer... Staff are banning them don't worry. The more major problem is that they wont stay active after 100 posts. This is more a problem to worry about.
(05-31-2011, 01:22 PM)iMario Wrote: [ -> ]Why you guys are worrying about the spam made from Support Feather? Just go to www.supportforums.net/bans.php and you will see that 50% of the people banned are spammer... Staff are banning them don't worry. The more major problem is that they wont stay active after 100 posts. This is more a problem to worry about.

It's too little to late imo. Indeed they get banned but by then they'e already bumped like 50 dead topics then when we go trough the view new posts list we have to check the topics we're replying to aren't long dead.
All the ideas seem great, but for now the award is staying and so is the spam. Staff are dealing with it pretty quickly anyway.
Pages: 1 2