Support Forums

Full Version: Big fight, big problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, well for one thing, it's not my family, it's my friend's.

-------
Alright, well here's what he told me via MSN chat.

His mom has been pretty much worked to death by her in laws, with no help whatsoever. Her family treats her like crap, her dad, mom, sister, etc. So you can imagine her tired, stressed, moody, you know.

Well his older brother, 22 in college who lives at their home, and their mom got in a fight recently and haven't spoken to each other for 2 weeks or so. He goes straight to his room when he comes home, and when he eats dinner he eats away from their mom. He gets a bill every "x" days(not sure how often), and it's about $350.00. Insurance bill.

Well today, when his mom got the bill, instead of paying for it herself, she gets my friend to give the bill to his older brother. Not on accident, on purpose. Of course when his dad gets into this they are all fighting again, no help from other families. His dad can't do much since his blood pressure so it won't really help much.

Mom is stressed.
In-laws/family treat them like crap and rely on them too much.
Mom and eldest son get in a fight.
The silent game between the two.
Dad's high blood pressure.
Mom purposely makes eldest son pay the $350 bill.
My friend, confused and doesn't know what to do.

Help?
Leave it be, it's a family most of these things just work out.
Even though your asking for help, it would still be best to leave it be.
Mom's a bitch. I'm not sure where to continue with that..

Seriously though, the mom set herself up for a fight, and if the oldest son is the violent type I'll hear about it on the news. Stay away from the family if you know them IRL and they seem like it's coming to the above.
Families get into this crap when it comes to things, emotions clog up reason and everyone gets mad.

Just try to stay out of it Tongue

-CFH
The older son needs to grow up and let his mom do her thing. She is stressed enough.
Maybe you should be the one telling the older brother to fudge off.
Well the mom's just trying to use stress as a reason to take her anger out on others. To be honest, I think the mom's trying to tell the oldest son to get out of her house. The high blood pressure is probably an excuse to not get involved as well.

The best solution probably would be professional counseling for that family.
Looks like they need a time out for them all. I have many friends like that and they have horrible families. Best is to let it be because honestly, you shouldn't get wrapped up in your friends issues. Just be ready to comfort him/ her when he/she needs it. Pretty much all you can do.
What do you mean in-laws rely on them? They can't seem to cope with their own family!
Best thing to do is just let them figure it out themselves, not much you can really do man.
Every family goes through issues, hopefully this one will be able work through it and maybe even become closer.
Pages: 1 2