Support Forums

Full Version: How to make slaughterhouses more humane?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm interested in what this community has to say towards animal abuse in slaughterhouses.

How can they make it more humane?
Very few actually abuse them. Most use high voltage stun guns to knock them out. I'm a bit :\ about this animal rights bullshit. In the wild a zebra being torn to death by a tiger or a fox by wolves is fine but certain people want us to be all petty petty with what we kill.
They really dont abuse them much as people think, my aunt became a vegetarian because a FAKE video she seen where they where torturring the pigs and cows and crap, my uncle and and dad have both been too slaughterhouses while they were killing them and it is nothing like what %90 of people think. they really don't abuse them %90 of the time...
(05-22-2011, 08:57 AM)Psychosis Wrote: [ -> ]They really dont abuse them much as people think, my aunt became a vegetarian because a FAKE video she seen where they where torturring the pigs and cows and crap, my uncle and and dad have both been too slaughterhouses while they were killing them and it is nothing like what %90 of people think. they really don't abuse them %90 of the time...

+1, I lived on a farm for a while and I've seen first hand what goes on, It's nothing like these PETA people want everyone to thing.
There is already a lot of restrictions in the UK. However I still believe there is much room for improvement. I think there sghould be rules on how long it should take for the animal to be dead and, perhaps more importantly, the life that the animal has lead prior to its death.
(05-22-2011, 09:14 AM)WhiteFlame Wrote: [ -> ]There is already a lot of restrictions in the UK. However I still believe there is much room for improvement. I think there sghould be rules on how long it should take for the animal to be dead and, perhaps more importantly, the life that the animal has lead prior to its death.

What, How can they regulate how long the animal takes to die? lol.
(05-22-2011, 09:23 AM)0xE9 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2011, 09:14 AM)WhiteFlame Wrote: [ -> ]There is already a lot of restrictions in the UK. However I still believe there is much room for improvement. I think there sghould be rules on how long it should take for the animal to be dead and, perhaps more importantly, the life that the animal has lead prior to its death.

What, How can they regulate how long the animal takes to die? lol.

I didn't mean to regulate how long it takes but to make the process of them dying slow. For example I recently sa wa video where there broke a chickens kneck but did it wrong so it took over an hour for the chicken to be dead. It should be done properly so its near-instant.
(05-22-2011, 09:26 AM)WhiteFlame Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't mean to regulate how long it takes but to make the process of them dying slow. For example I recently sa wa video where there broke a chickens kneck but did it wrong so it took over an hour for the chicken to be dead. It should be done properly so its near-instant.

With bigger animals they have to drain out all the blood so the proper method is to stun it so it's unconscious but heart still beating, Then Cut its neck so all the blood can drain. Because of the blood loss It shouldn't wake up from the stun before its dead.