Support Forums

Full Version: Code Block compiler: "No compiler found" Fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

This is my first guide on how to fix the: '"test - Release" uses an invalid compiler. Skipping... Nothing to be done.' Error.

Open Code Blocks, and navigate to: Settings/Compiler and debugger. then go to: Toolchain executables. Click on: Path (...) and select your compiler. Mine was MinGW located in "Codeblocks/MinGW"
Now open a new project and test it out. It should compile properly!

I hope this helps!Smile

Inventor1

I simply just don't recomend using Code Block, its the future Dev C++ [outdated]
I recomend using VS2010.
Well, nice response Atthackers. Not contributing to this thread and all.

And @Inventor1, heh is that really a common issue for people? It's just selecting your installed compiler suite. Usually the default in MinGW, but you can also use Intel/MS/Borland and a few others. Just a matter of setting the paths!
[quote='BacklTrack' pid='201859' dateline='1306717814']

And @Inventor1, heh is that really a common issue for people? It's just selecting your installed compiler suite. Usually the default in MinGW, but you can also use Intel/MS/Borland and a few others. Just a matter of setting the paths!

I know of several people who needed help with this.

Inventor1
(05-29-2011, 08:50 PM)Inventor1 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='BacklTrack' pid='201859' dateline='1306717814']

I know of several people who needed help with this.

Inventor1

huh..im guessing they weren't too tech savvy or experienced programmers?
(05-29-2011, 05:58 PM)Atthackers Wrote: [ -> ]I simply just don't recomend using Code Block, its the future Dev C++ [outdated]
I recomend using VS2010.

Not really, the last update was May 30th.

What do you expect from an open-source project? They have no deadlines to complete like MS, and they turn out a more quality product IMO. I dislike VS 2010 because it lacks basic code completion.
(06-17-2011, 01:24 PM)Mr. House Wrote: [ -> ]Not really, the last update was May 30th.

What do you expect from an open-source project? They have no deadlines to complete like MS, and they turn out a more quality product IMO. I dislike VS 2010 because it lacks basic code completion.

Thanks for the replySmile

Inventor1
(06-17-2011, 01:24 PM)Mr. House Wrote: [ -> ]Not really, the last update was May 30th.

Yeah, my first C teacher recommended Code::Blocks and a few people keep trying to get me to switch to VS because their code compiles differently than mine. I'm pretty sure it's only because I've got my Code::Blocks to adhere to some strict standards, though.