Support Forums

Full Version: 17 and about to be kicked out...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The problem itself is complicated and doesn't bother me. My parents truthfully do not want me that is fine. In 20+ days I turn 17 and I have a brief criminal history I can have expunged when I turn 17. Until then I am on probation. I have no money, valuable possessions, no high school diploma, no car, no license, etc. I have no problem with any of this. My problem is untill 18 I need a Co-signer to everything, I have no line of credit till 18, no support from things like welfare. I came to emotional support only because I need serious responses not from the actual emotional support of it all.

My most current plans are a studio or one bedroom apt for 350. I live in Augusta, GA. I am about to start looking into jobs in that area that I could walk or take a bus to. Suggestions are welcome as for this all being my fathers bluff I doubt it, but he usually goes through with ridiculous things like this.

If your curious why I am being put on the street it isn't because of the criminal history, or any other problem. It is because I forget to flush the toilet and leave the interior shower lights on. I leave dishes on the counter instead of putting them in the dishwasher. Because I smoke cigarettes, and all i want is more and more outta my parents... The truth out of all this is that I have an alcoholic house mother minus the mother. Haven't had new stuff from them in 3 years, and they don't let cigs leave their fingers.
look, no offence here, but you seem like one of those teenage types that doesn't like authority. i can guarantee you getting kicked out is not as simple as you said it. i also guarantee that your parents are right in this argument. (not saying they're right to kick you out, im saying they're right in whatever started this.) i used to be just like you, always fighting with my parents, i thought i knew it all. but i was wrong, very wrong. your best bet is to drop your pride and say sorry. your dad probably tried everything to help you but i bet you just kept rejecting his advice. i always thought my mom was always wrong and even when we weren't fighting i always didn't show any love to her. for example i was always grouchy with her, if she tried to hug me i would just tell her to get off me. parents need affection. say you love him every once in a while. and when/if you apologize, tell him exactly how you feel. be completely honest with him. but if you don't take my advise, call a homeless shelter and tell themj you are 17 and have no where to go. then they will give you a place. you may not enjoy it but at least you got shelter.
Well bro, you should try and quit your cigarette addiction. I've been there at a young age, and once you start, you can't stop. No matter what age you're at.

You could also ask one of your friends to chill at, go to their parents and explain what's happened. I'm sure this is probably the only way, but there could be others. If your parents are really going to kick you out of the house then I don't see the need to follow what they say, but on another note, you should obey them. Switch off the lights - you're wasting electricity. We are running out of it. Put your dishes in the dishwasher - less work and stress for your mom. Try and do these things, try and not smoke around your parents, try and love them, and who knows, things might change.
That is quite a serious problem. YOu said that you dont need emotional support so here is what I have to offer.

1) Get a job as fast as you can. No matter if they pay less or anything. Get some cash as soon as possible and then you can change your job later.
2) Try to talk to your parents and tell them what you should do. If they dont care, then just leave it. Get some money out of your father if you can before you turn 17.
3) Ask any of your friends if you can stay with them for the first few days.
4) Try talking to yuor parents and see if their attitude changes. Talk to a psychiatrist and see if it helps in any way. If you cant do that, then talk to a close family friend or relative to help you out.

Try to complete your studies if you at all can. You'll find a better job.
I live in Hiram, GA idk if my parents will let someone else live here though..
Contact child services and make them aware that you are not pleased with the conditions you are now in, they can assess the situation and determine whether you'd be better off with a foster family. They can't legally kick you out until you're 18. You can leave at 16 but it seems that you lack the ability to support yourself.

My advice is suck it up for a year, move out, get a job, and live in an apartment and try to establish a living.

Also, forgot to mention that you really should finish school. At least a high school diploma.
I'd tell you to stop smoking, it doesn't get you anywhere, doesn't get you money just makes you lose it all. Secondly I would tell you to join school again, and get a job after school. You'll be older than some other kids, and if possible find a foster family for a year, and then work from there.

Don't let things get in your way, like Scalise said suck it up.
Smoking has been an on and off thing. It isn't my biggest concern because they don't really care. As for not listening I guess yes I have lost respect for both of my parents through more background crap that can only be experienced. As for doing what they want often times I do, but when my mom leaves me home alone for 5 days to go party leaves me with no food (literally), no money, and asked me to come home to a clean house. She gets home and wants to know why I didn't do other things she didn't ask like dust unpack more etc.

So what I have been looking into is moving back to where I use to in GA because there is a good bit of construction and landscaping where I can get a guaranteed job for 9 out of 12 months. I also found a 2 bed one bath for 300 a month (another reason I like Columbus lower cost of living).

My newest questions are in relation to if I rent this house what are things I will need? How does a 17 year old get a line of credit? I need to know petty crap like this I know you have to add 200 to whatever the rent is for food water and electric....
There is a lot of things I should probably know...

And as for school an education would be nice, but I am concerned with my GED for now then get technical school later. I feel like a lot of my thoughts and hopes and dreams will only be fruitless. That at the end of the day I will end up THAT meth head from the commercials holding up laundry mats for quarters..... Life really seems hopeless right now.
Well I want to tell you if you think negatively, it's proven negative things will occur. So what does this tell you? Don't think negative. And don't do anything negative either. You've got so many opportunities and in your case they probably only come once. Grab them before it's to late.

I don't know if it's the same where you live, but I live in South Africa, and you have to be 18 to get a credit card. I'm quite certain you have to add an amount for electricity, food supply and water, but where I live it doesn't seem like they do.

But to come back on a note,

Quote:I feel like a lot of my thoughts and hopes and dreams will only be fruitless

If you keep on thinking like that, they will. What you have to actually do is try it.

Another problem I am starting to have is a lot of people say hiring if 18+. Does this apply to emancipated minors?

@Delluzion
I am the most outwardly positive person you probably have ever met. Depression is pointless and I am aware that unlike math in life two negatives just equal a bigger negative. I said that because it does seem like I am still just a kid, and until I get a license that says I am 18 and can drive I=fudged..
Pages: 1 2