Support Forums

Full Version: Multiple Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to know the following:

1. How to pause a console application until a process has started
2. How to close the program after that process has started
1: The general idea is to get input from the user to acknowledge theyre done with the program right?
You could do something like #include <conio.h> then use getch() at the end. but i think thats windows specific. Another OS specific way is system("PAUSE");

But the easiest way would be just to get input in traditional ways. Just use scanf() but make sure the stdin buffer is flushed.

2) exit(int status);
(06-09-2011, 05:52 PM)BacklTrack Wrote: [ -> ]1: The general idea is to get input from the user to acknowledge theyre done with the program right?
You could do something like #include <conio.h> then use getch() at the end. but i think thats windows specific. Another OS specific way is system("PAUSE");

But the easiest way would be just to get input in traditional ways. Just use scanf() but make sure the stdin buffer is flushed.

2) exit(int status);

You could also just throw a cin.get(); whenever you want a pause. It forces the user to press return.