Support Forums

Full Version: Need some help with ideas for a project to distract me.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I'm making this thread so hopefully I can get some help with brainstorming some ideas of a project I can do. I am a full-time UK college student and a I have a part time job so it can't really be anything too major.

I'm trying to start a project to fill in the boring gaps between college, studies and going out with friends etc, I'd like to do something productive. I smoke marijuana and just recently started, I do it maybe once a week at the weekend as a reward to relax with. In my opinion its just like someone coming home and having a cup of tea or a beer, so, that has not effected me negatively any way, it helps a lot to relieve stress.

When I'm not keeping myself busy I start to sink into a depressive state and think of the future and what I'm going to do with my life etc.

In a perfect world I would start growing as an outlet and a hobby but it's not a perfect world, my parents do not know I smoke etc, until I can move out I cannot do that.

I used to Ski for 1 and 1/2 - 2 hours every week for the past 9 years but I eventually got bored. I'm just looking for a small but meaningful project I could take up. I've trying to think of some ideas for a while but I've been struggling.

I am very interested in Physics and Computing, all things to do with computers really.

Any advice/ideas would be appreciated, thanks. (Sorry for the long post)
Hmm, what about a custom build? I always find re-building my PC takes my minds off things. Or you could buy a Tesla coil and have some fun.
I've already thought of that, I'd like to try it but I don't have the money to fund it at the moment. I've got driving lessons to pay for etc. The Tesla coil could prove fun and interesting but once again it costs money. I'd love to do something that could possibly earn money or let me be creative on the computer, it seems thats the easiest way to start up a small project. Thanks for your input though.
No problem, I think you should be asking yourself is what would you like to learn? I think learning a new language (PHP, Perl etc) is a good way to feel better. I mean once your fluent it can open up so many opportunities. This is a technological age. We need people who will develop the future, Good luck!
Thanks again, currently I've been learning C# as part of my Computing course in college. I may try to take that further, but I also want to try something hands on and Physics. I've been thinking about a small carpentry project to start off with, make a few personal items and maybe start up a small business out of it. Thanks again for the post, this is really helping me bring some more ideas forward.
Quite a range you have there, carpentry and C#. Try to implement them! (If you can)
Haha, yeah I suppose. That would be amazing if I could, time to build a wooden robot? ^^
That makes you a sandwich. You sire would be richer than Mark Zuckerberg.
Hehe, one can dream I guess ^^