Support Forums

Full Version: MD5 lookup table
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've modified the coding from my MD5 hasher to link to to a database to lookup sotred md5 hashes.

When you click encrypt, your md5 encrypted hash is displayed to you, and added to the database.

When you click decrypt, the database is read and if the md5 has is stored in the database it reads the un-encrypted string.

How to install:

Upload index.php onto your webhost. Then, in MySQL, import the SQL file. Then you are ready to go.

You will also have to edit index.php so that it has your database details.

Download link: here.
Thanks for the share. It's important to note you are not actually 'decrypting' md5 because md5 is a Hash, not an encryption. It would take a crap ton of entries to make this effective. It is a good concept though.

(05-10-2011, 08:43 AM)KoBE Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the share. It's important to note you are not actually 'decrypting' md5 because md5 is a Hash, not an encryption. It would take a crap ton of entries to make this effective. It is a good concept though.

Thanks. I do understand it's not a decryption, and how many entries would have to be added. To be honest, I just wanted to work out how the MD5 "decryption" websites worked.
(05-10-2011, 09:10 AM)★Cooldude★ Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I do understand it's not a decryption, and how many entries would have to be added. To be honest, I just wanted to work out how the MD5 "decryption" websites worked.

Edit: misread your response, seems you don't need an explanation. Someone else my find some use in this.

Simple practice:
password -> 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99

the hashed value is then stored in the database, if anyone comes along next and what's to know what: 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99 is, your program will lookup the md5 and return the plain text version. But this will only work if you have computed the hash already.

Advanced practice:
Do a google search on Rainbow Tables.
Good work man, I dind't downloaded it because I don't have the time for other codes... ;)
How simple it is to do, I expect it to work ;)

However, these days it's hard to come across a hash that is actually in one of the existing db's, if you have a basic password that's a different case.

For this to be successful you'll need some good fantasy to ganarate "original" hases....

Keep coding man.... Tongue
Thanks for the replies. I suppose a program could be made that takes a word list and hashes each word inside it.
really awesome Thanks a lot ★Cooldude★ . i alawys like your every protection tools [Real coder].

:} Asif7610i
(05-13-2011, 09:22 AM)Imports System.Net Wrote: [ -> ]really awesome Thanks a lot ★Cooldude★ . i alawys like your every protection tools [Real coder].

:} Asif7610i

Thank you very much. Smile