Support Forums

Full Version: Just want to be heard.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I’m not addicted to anything and I try to be honest to myself and everyone. My life at this moment from an outside perspective may seem like I have everything in its place. However, I have one thing holding me back. Myself. When I think about myself a few keywords come to mind: emotional, slow, selfish, ignorant, socially awkward, disfigured, cowardly, weak minded and defective to name a few. I think therefore I am? More often I find myself thinking, “Who am I?”. The only answer I continue to come up with is, “useless”.
I believe it's time to talk to some friend of yours, or your parents or your girlfriend perhaps. Make them hear you, you will feel a lot of better and they can help you with everything that trully bothers you.
first of all, if you think your "useless" you will feel useless. you really need some positive reinforcement in your life. every day try telling your self 3 things that are great about yourself. i bet you are much more awesome than you let yourself think.
A lot of us feel similar about ourselves. We often exaggerate our weaknesses and take our strengths for granted. Just remember the old saying, "you are your worst critic". Cheer up man, you'll pass that phase.
You need to get in the game. Get some friends, talk to family, get a girlfriend, set a goal in life, or get a job. Any one of those things will make you feel you have a purpose in life. Just find your purpose and you will be happy. Don't tell yourself you're useless or else you will actually believe it.
Take your mind off such things and concentrate on other things as much as you can. Whenever you feel low or depressed and are left feeling useless, try thinking about the happiness there is in your life. WHatever that you think makes you happy, think about that. For example - Parents, friends, favorite thing, pet, etc. and give your depression a backseat. Go all gangster on it. :-D
If that does not work, then start thinking about your future and your wishes, goals in life. Try thinking about what you want most and start working towards that. The brain is very delicate, it thinks the way you want it to think, it does the things you want it to do, feed your goal into your brain and start thinking that if you get depressed then you will never get your goal.
In my case, I want a baby girl for myself. I want my own daughter. This is how I keep moving in life, start doing the same.
PM me if you want more help.
Your problem is your self confidence. "Confidence is the key." Always remember that. Tell yourself that you can do anything. Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you're attractive, smart, strong, and whatever else you need to. If you can't be confident to yourself, you won't be confident to anyone. But also remember that there's a line between confident and cocky.
Most people at some point of life think like that. Its time to grow your friend circle and aim for some thing, dream of something and try to achieve it. Its possibility of having a dream come true makes life interesting. Ask someone for a date, may be it can help you find your self.
You are not useless. You were brought into this world to set dreams and achieve them right? So don't say you're useless or you can't do nothing, because you can do anything you set your mind to.
Let's start off. You're thinking negatively about yourself and that negativity is whats bringing you down to do things you can actually do.

I'll quote what you said you were:
Quote:a few keywords come to mind: emotional, slow, selfish, ignorant, socially awkward, disfigured, cowardly, weak minded and defective

Now the way I see it you're thinking too much about the above that you can't think about the good things about you. Stop thinking about yourself negatively, and start recognizing the stuff you ARE. And you can't tell us you're not anything but the above, because we all have our goods and bads to us.

So, just stop thinking negatively bro!
Pages: 1 2