Support Forums

Full Version: Child Abuse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you or someone you know is being abused, whether it's sexually, physically, emotionally or whatever you must tell someone! i know it may be hard and embarrassing but trust me, no one will ever laugh at you for these type of things.

Things you can do to help
first things first, TELL SOMEONE!!!!! it is a very serious thing for a child to be abused. look at this link if you need help finding support.

Things to look for in children who have been abused
young sexual activity. sometimes if you hear about a child doing sexual activity at a young age (an age that normally would not be sexually attentive) then they may have been/being abused. when i was a kid i knew a few boys who were sexually active with this another boy and i later found out they were both being molested. same with this little girl i knew. if you are not sure it's better to be wrong than sorry. just tell CPS that you're not 100% sure. they will do an investigation and if it's wrong then, good, if it's right then atleast you stopped it.

another thing to look for in abused kids is, low self confidence at an unusually age. kids around 10 or less are usually very perky and hyper. but remember there is a difference between shy and unconfident.

i would rather someone be too quick to call CPS rather then it be too late.
Very nice of you to share encouraging words about this subject. I hope this thread helps give someone the confidence. Smile
CPS? Is that the UK support?
It's good to know the signs of these types of things. Good thread.
Nicely said! There are a bunch of kind members on this forum who will surely help anyone in need!
Thanks for the ideas. Theres a single mum round the corner from me that always swears at her kid who's like 6 years old and blames him for everything. I've never seen her physically hit him but shouting and swearing at a 6 year old about stuff that can't possibly be his fault has always made me think I should do something about it.
You said this extremely well mate. Good job.