Support Forums

Full Version: My Dad Lies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not going to write anything long; I'm just going to post the main issue.

My dad lies. He is home with us all day, and my mom isn't. He takes a story or event, twists it up and then tells it to my mom when she gets home. My mom believes me when I tell her it's not true sometimes, but she usually goes with my dad's story. When I try to defend myself and tell my mom and dad that that's not really what happened, my dad says/yells "are you calling me a liar?!" or something along those lines. I end up getting in trouble for "calling him a liar" (mind you I only say that that's not exactly what happened) and then get in trouble for what I "did".

I don't know what to do...I can't move out yet; I can't defend myself; When I try to tell them both what's happening, no one listens and I get in even more trouble...
Most dads are like that. I do not believe why your mother is not aware. Most mothers/wives would be aware. Of all the years, the wife should know what goes on.

If you really would like to catch your father lying: the best way must be to video tape. Probably with your cellular device. Tape recorders do not show that much evidence. I know it might be difficult, but this is only being said because it is a way to support your mother in your decision.
Yes, my mom does know; but if she does anything (like accusing my dad of lying, or not punishing me for "what I did") my dad will get mad at her, and then there's all this friction at home.

Thanks for your post, Pulse. If things do get out of control (more than it already is), I will definitely record.
I have had the same thing before, expecially when my dad would blame me for losing stuff i never touched. You can just live with it if you want, or you can stand up for yourself. you could just explain to your mom how he is always doing it. I finally stood up to my dad and when he was that whole "Are you calling me a liar!!!!!?" i was like "Damn straight i am your the one who lost it and you know it so stop blaming it on my mom or me and take for your own stupid crap."
What is the point of recording if your mom already knows?

And, you are welcome, but this is not solved yet. Your mom (like my own) should show she is the boss. My dad is scared of her, to be honest. Your mom has to always act pissed and show she runs the house.
Oh, I know how you can really get back at him. What you will need:
  1. Get a device that can record video and audio.
  2. Put it in a place that is well hiden and make sure it keeps track of your dad.
  3. Once your mom gets home, pull her aside and show her.
  4. He will be in deap crap, cause video never lies.
  5. I'm sure he might stop lieing from then on.

Trust me, that method will work. If you have an iPod, use that cause it will really make sure it is the truth. You could also spark a conversation with him that will make him admit he is lieing, but make sure you record it all! Good luck and I hope you follow my advice or find another way.
Call them one at a time, sit down somewhere and explain your situation, and how it's affecting you. They hopefully will understand, and change.
Thats wierd lol. Why would he lie?
You should get proof, and show it to your mom, then she will see who is a liar.
It seems like your dad does what many do and he lies about stories to make things sound better for your mom. Like if something bad happens on his watch, he makes it sound better so she doesn't get mad. If it really bothers you, talk to them at the same time and confront your dad about it. If he tries to lie, explain to your mom what actually happend and hope she believes you.
Well I really think if it keeps on getting you into trouble, you must not speak to your Dad about anything that you take seriously. Lets say, you tell your dad you quit smoking. Your dad will twist that around and tell your mom you smoke, right?

So my best opinion is to drop the secret stuff you tell him, because that's what seems to be the cause.
Pages: 1 2