Support Forums

Full Version: History and Features of Java
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It all about Java introduction. I am not going to tell you how to programming in Java in this thread, before learning to java programming, you should know about the history, features, java environment etc.

Next thread, i will teach you how to programming in Java, and what tools you needs.

Java History

Java is a general-purpose,object-oriented programming language developed by Sun Microsystems of USA in 1991.Java is really a simple, reliable,portable, and powerful language.

1990 Sun Microsystems decided to developed special software that could be used to manipulate consumer devices.A team of Sun Microsystems programmers headed by James Gosling was formed to undertake this task.

1991 Team announced a new language named "Oak".

1992 Green Project teams demonstrated the application of their new language to control a list of home appliances using a hand-held device.

1993 The Green Project team came up with the idea od developing Web applets using the new language that could run on all types of computers connected to Internet.

1994 Team developed a HotJava to locate and run applet programs on Internet.

1995 Oak was renamed "Java" due to some legal snags.
Java Features:-

There are many features of java, some of them are:-

1. Platform-Independent and Portable
2. Object-Oriented
3.Robust and Secure.
4.Distributed.
5.High Performance.

Java Environment

It includes a large number of development tools and hundred of classes and methods,where development tools are a part of Java Development Kit(JDK) and classes and method are a part of the Java Standard Library(JSL) or Application Programming Interface(API).

Java Development Kit

It comes with many tools that are used for running and developing Java programming.They include:

1. appletviewer(for viewing Java applets).
2.javac(Java Compiler).
3.java (Interpreter).
4.javap(Java Disassembler).
5.javah(for C header files).
6.javadoc(for creating HTML document).
7.jdb(Java Debugger).

Application Programming Interface

It includes hundred of class and methods grouped into several functional packages.Most commonly used packages are:

Language Support Package:-Required for implementing basic features of java.
Utilities Package:-It provide utility function such as date and time functions.
Input/Output Package:- Required for input/output manipulation
Networking Package:-For communicating with other computers via internet.
AWT Package:-Abstract Windows Toolkit package that implements platform-independent graphical user interface.
Applet Package:-Allow us to create Java Applets.
Do you not like this guys..........
It is good but it could be more indepth than it is currently.
Okay, I don't understand you. First, you leech a million tutorials and get called out on nearly every one of them. Then, you claim that you're going to take a break because basically, everyone realised that you're a leecher. Now, you're back, and leeching tutorials AGAIN.

First source

Second source
(10-20-2009, 06:50 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I don't understand you. First, you leech a million tutorials and get called out on nearly every one of them. Then, you claim that you're going to take a break because basically, everyone realised that you're a leecher. Now, you're back, and leeching tutorials AGAIN.

First source

Second source

Hello Elektrisk first of all, all the credit of this thread is goes to me, as I take a lot of time to make this tutorials and you show me a source1 and source2 which i seen it first time.I am not a leecher, you guys everytime try to irritate me again and again. This shows that you are not mature guys.
(10-20-2009, 10:45 PM)EXplore_System135 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Elektrisk first of all, all the credit of this thread is goes to me, as I take a lot of time to make this tutorials and you show me a source1 and source2 which i seen it first time.I am not a leecher, you guys everytime try to irritate me again and again. This shows that you are not mature guys.

You make me sick. You're honestly sitting there on a leeched "tutorial" and are trying to say that it's yours. Check this page again, because your text looks PRETTY similar (by that, I mean it's verbatim) to the text here.

http://www.easybees.com/articleDisplay.php?id=20
First of all History of Java never be same.It is a logic guys that history of java never same.In my tutorials I tried to make this thread better understanding for the features and history of java in a short ways so that everyone can understand in a better way.
(10-21-2009, 12:32 AM)EXplore_System135 Wrote: [ -> ]First of all History of Java never be same.It is a logic guys that history of java never same.In my tutorials I tried to make this thread better understanding for the features and history of java in a short ways so that everyone can understand in a better way.

Okay, I am not joking when I say this; improve your English so that I can actually understand you. I honestly have no idea what you are saying in your defense, but I doubt it's anything worth repeating.
(10-21-2009, 12:34 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I am not joking when I say this; improve your English so that I can actually understand you. I honestly have no idea what you are saying in your defense, but I doubt it's anything worth repeating.

Yeah there should be better punishment, but.
I for example have been reading many tutorials and was learning from them... and if I write one I will write it how I've learned which may give you the feeling of an leeched tutorialbecause of the word selection....
So what I'm about to say is you can only punish the exact copy of an tutorial.... Some may write a tutorial with few leeched like codes or words, but that happens because they've learned to express it that way.

This is written by NinjaGeek.That is what i want to say.....
Okay, I can tell that our little conversation here will go nowhere. It's up to the mods to decide whether or not this is worth keeping open.
Pages: 1 2