Support Forums

Full Version: Remembrance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My uncle passed away a couple of years ago and his anniversary is coming up. Rather than just visiting him at the cemetery and lighting a candle in his memory, I want to do something for my mom that's a bit more forward. I have something in mind but I would like to see what the general consensus is about the idea.

My uncle hanged himself because of schizophrenia, which is why I'm so proactive and willing to help others overcome their problems. Ever since his death, I've adopted the philosophy to just be nice to everyone, for no apparent reason. I find that too many people need a reason or a favor to back pay back in order to be nice to someone. I've began being nice to everyone I know out of the good of my heart in the dire hope that they will learn from my example.

As I was saying. My mother took it very hard, as anyone would have based on the nature of his death. I was browsing my drive and found a photo of my uncle with my little cousin in his arms, whom was then only a couple of months old (she's now a couple years old). It's a really beautiful picture and I would love to have it blown up and framed, with the goal of placing it somewhere in our home. The problem is that I don't know how she will take it.

I know that some people embrace their loved ones by keeping them dear to them. For example, my dad keeps a picture of both his deceased parents in his car right above him (in his mirror) so that they're with him wherever he goes since he drives a lot for work. But for my mom, I've never seen a single picture of her deceased father, brother, or any other family member purposely publicized so I don't know if she embraces that and I don't want to make things worse.

I won't post the picture for obvious reasons but I'd be happy if I can get back some considerate advice.
I think what you're doing for your mother would be beautiful. Maybe ask you father what his opinion would be on the matter, as she may not have the pictures of her family for hidden reasons. You could also get the rest of your relatives in on it, so you don't stand out like a sort of jerk, leaving them and making them all look bad.

Good luck, hope you mother is happy.
That is a great idea, do it!
If your mom doesn't like it, keep it somewhere else but don't get rid of it.