Support Forums

Full Version: Mom's Close Friend Pastaway, overheard. (April 22nd 2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, last night, 4/23/2011 (April 23rd, 2011 Friday Night) my moms really close friend had past away and she woke my brother and I up from screaming and oh gosh we were all shocked and stuff because we overheard the conversation. And she was screaming, loudly. She is really sad and depressed right now, what do you think we (brother and I) should do? For now she has not told us a thing, either she knows we know already or shes waiting to drop the bomb on us. Please help us out, I want to cheer her up. It is not cool at all. So far our plan is: wait till she tells us than act really shocked and don't break character (start laughing or something because we already knew).

Any advice guys?
Just comfort her, like staying with her (making sure she doesn't do anything drastic to herself)
It's always good to take the initiative and do things for her. Like cooking the food, and doing all the chores, and not giving her a rough time on the edge you know?

You can always tell her that she still has you guys, and you guys will do anything to cheer her up. Are you guys planning on attending the funeral (if there is one?)
(04-23-2011, 07:44 PM)Kaix781 Wrote: [ -> ]Just comfort her, like staying with her (making sure she doesn't do anything drastic to herself)
It's always good to take the initiative and do things for her. Like cooking the food, and doing all the chores, and not giving her a rough time on the edge you know?

You can always tell her that she still has you guys, and you guys will do anything to cheer her up. Are you guys planning on attending the funeral (if there is one?)

Most likely, we just found out about this stuff today. Keep note she has not told us anything yet about the death...
(04-23-2011, 07:49 PM)The High Roller Wrote: [ -> ]Most likely, we just found out about this stuff today. Keep note she has not told us anything yet about the death...

Noted.

Well, I'm going to take a wild guess, but your mom will most likely break down at the funeral.

Just tell her that she shouldn't be sad/crying over the death, because of course no one wants a death to be a burden of someone else.

Instead just tell her that she should just cherish all the moments she had, and appreciate her close friend to coming into her life. It's always best to cry because of all the memories, instead because you won't see her close friend anymore.

But for now, let her take it easy, and be like her personal "servants" until she get's over the pain.
I know how you feel; my mothers friend had a battle with cancer and passed away on Christmas morning. The best thing you can do is really console her. Make sure she understands that things DO get better with time, and be there if she needs somebody to talk to. I'm not sure about how close you are with your mother, but a simple gesture like letting her know that you're available if she wishes to talk should be more than enough to brighten up her mood momentarily.

My condolences to your mother and I hope things get better as soon as possible.

- Jon
I think the best thing for you to do is offer attention and compassion toward your mom.
Take her out to eat, possibly a picnic somewhere, travel to the beach, somewhere to allow her to escape this for a bit.