Support Forums

Full Version: The Personality Bleaching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is an article I wrote about peoples' personalities and how to possibly try and change them, get back to me with what you think about it. Thumbsup

http://socyberty.com/psychology/the-pers...bleaching/
I think in my opinion, you can't change someones personality. You can try to influence but not change. I read this book called "Walking on eggshells". It's about personality disorders. You should read it. Goes along with what your saying.
I think personality is defined by upbringing and cannot be directly altered by other people. However, I think that someone can internally decide that they want to change. This takes time and it takes a lot of self awareness.
(04-23-2011, 10:09 AM)Malfunction Wrote: [ -> ]I think personality is defined by upbringing and cannot be directly altered by other people. However, I think that someone can internally decide that they want to change. This takes time and it takes a lot of self awareness.

I guess over a long period of time this could happen. It may also depend on where you grow up.
IMHO, based on my observations, you can help change what a person deals with, but the manner of how he/she would deal with something wouldn't change.
It's always best to show someone what you think of the situation, rather their opinionated self be one sighted and have no logics backing their decision.
Quite an interesting read; thanks for posting this! Please make more articles similar to this one!
Thanks to everyone for your opinions.

I believe that changing a persons' personality is possible. But it's also something that is very difficult at the same time. It takes a lot of hard work, patience and time to do it, but changing everything about someone is possible. You've just got to know your goals and what you want to achieve from it before you start trying.
i agree you can change someones personality but i don't see why you would want to. but if you did for some reason or another, the only way it's possible would be if they look up to you, or are easily influenced
(05-03-2011, 05:00 AM)pirategamer6996 Wrote: [ -> ]i agree you can change someones personality but i don't see why you would want to. but if you did for some reason or another, the only way it's possible would be if they look up to you, or are easily influenced

You can change them for good, or for bad. Or you can change them from good to bad, or bad to good. It all depends on the situation on hand, what kind of role model you are to the person, what kind of trust they have in you, and what kind of things you are capable of holding your nerve at. It's definitely not something that's easy to do, that's for sure.