Support Forums

Full Version: Making a Customized CMS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anybody here actually made or has participated in making a complete and fully specialized cms for a particular website? If yes, then can you give the type, scope, features, etc and rough idea on how long does it actually take to make a decent one? I wanted to know if I'm doing it right since it's been almost 2 years from the time I've decided to make one with just a little knowledge about php. So far I've only managed to make the half of it. I feel like I'm alone.Unsure
Well it can take from 2 weeks to more years, depends on your PHP skill.
Features like (ofcourse) Content Management, Navigation Builder, Premission Management, User Authorizing, Statistics and the rest of features is up to you.
The forum se7ensins.com is going through some major changes right now and a CMS is one of them. They have man coders, but you can message "Nerve" on there for some pointers.
Thanks for your replies. I just need to know some professional views about making a cms for an online product catalog which covers user management (different levels/privileges), product management (w/ individual photo gallery & tabbed infos), template system, and flexibility to add widgets/modules. The frontend interaction is on the fly using AJAX and DHTML techniques for loading the page and links which are also an SEO friendly. On the average, this really a worth a year or more in development? And what are the possible or inevitable flaws to this?

I'll try to upload a sample when the host's problem is fixed.