Support Forums

Full Version: Doesn't understand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

So I'll start out by saying I live as a canadian on the west coast, and lifes been all good until several years ago. My father and I never had a connection with each other, and he left when I was 10 and never looked back or even decided to pay for child support or anything like most fathers who leave. My mom who is now in her late 40's is basically on the verge of basically leaving me, she basically thinks I'm a lost cause, being she thinks that spending most of my time on the computer is just gaming and nothing else. My grades are are just low as of right now being, anything academically doesn't count until Grade 10, so I'm just cruising.

The problem is every month she basically has this speech and all this about how my dad is worthless and how I'm a freakin dumbass, I can tell she's bipolar. She would cry once a month about it, just make everyone fall into her story twisting my words explaining why I spend my time. Spending my time on the computer consist of learning to use Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Program and code in multiple languages and teach myself Russian.

She's an immigrant and never got the education that she wanted, but she thinks I'm basically not thinking about what I have. She doesn't understand that I spend 100 dollars a year only because I know we're poor, she doesn't understand I push myself to hard. I honestly don't know how to explain it, but I'm having the hardest time explain to her my passion in life is to change somehow in New Media, Art and the internet itself.

I'm just looking for some advice somehow to explain to her what to do, and how I can cope with all this pressure on learning programming, media, and a fourth language (I'm learning Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Russian).She also thinks I only like a sport like Football, Baseball and Rugby because they don't have that team at our school. I have one of the highest grades in my Physical Education class, and one of the most quickest and fastest reaction in most of all aspects.

Finally I'm getting to the point where I've explained enough and just need to say if any of you have advice in this situation please do send it this way and help a fellow out.
Well one thing as to school, even though your grades don't matter until 10th they will place you in a lower class in 10th grade and when you think your doing ok, the truth is your not. As for your mom, your still young, let her moan and groan and frankly bit*h at you. Think of some things to impress her. Its harder than you think to be a single mom.