Support Forums

Full Version: My "friend" is ignoring me.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK So he's a guy and we are in the same class. We've been really good friends for two years. Especially, in last summer we were going outside with him too much than needed. The problem with him is that he never expresses his problems. For example we argued at some time but in the next day he was alright with me, like he forgot it. But now, nothing of those happens. For the last 2 weeks, he doesn't talk to me at all.And the strange is that I've done NOTHING to him. I didn't tell him anything insulting nor argued for something. It is pissing me off because while he hangs out with ohter at school, with me he doesn't speak a word. When I asked him "What's the matter with you?" he answered "Nothing". I've decided him to ignore back but I don't really want to do so. I don't wanna lose him as friend.This has also made me to be very bored at school as far as friends are concerned.

Can someone tell me what to do or some tips?

Thanks for being patient enough to read this and sorry for my terrible grammar.
In some cases, it's not what you done, but more what you haven't done.
Since he doesn't speak about his Problems, he might want you to recognize that he has something on his mind, and ask him about it.
I was your friend once, I got really mad at my best friend because we started smoking weed, and that was all he could think of, smoke weed and think about what to do, instead of doing something.
Anyway, I was mad at him because he didn't notice that I didn't want to get high and just sit around like I'm waiting to die. He also refused to listen to me about that, because of my aggressive stand, so your friend may be angry because he can't see you as a friend or he may have changed and consider you wrong type of Person for him to be seen with or to hang out with.

I would say, you should remind him of your friendship and show him that you 2 can have fun together.
Friendship with any person is like a relationship between Man and Woman, just without the desire to have sex with the person, lol.
Ask him if there is anything you did, if the answers is "No!", ask him why hes acting so. If you really want to know what's up, you need to ask the right question, if needed even force him to answer.... In the end, you 2 will either continue to hang out, or simply go each on his own way....

Friends come and go man, even best-friends, even childhood friends....
(04-13-2011, 10:13 AM)Gaijin Wrote: [ -> ]In some cases, it's not what you done, but more what you haven't done.
Since he doesn't speak about his Problems, he might want you to recognize that he has something on his mind, and ask him about it.
I was your friend once, I got really mad at my best friend because we started smoking weed, and that was all he could think of, smoke weed and think about what to do, instead of doing something.
Anyway, I was mad at him because he didn't notice that I didn't want to get high and just sit around like I'm waiting to die. He also refused to listen to me about that, because of my aggressive stand, so your friend may be angry because he can't see you as a friend or he may have changed and consider you wrong type of Person for him to be seen with or to hang out with.

I would say, you should remind him of your friendship and show him that you 2 can have fun together.
Friendship with any person is like a relationship between Man and Woman, just without the desire to have sex with the person, lol.
Ask him if there is anything you did, if the answers is "No!", ask him why hes acting so. If you really want to know what's up, you need to ask the right question, if needed even force him to answer.... In the end, you 2 will either continue to hang out, or simply go each on his own way....

Friends come and go man, even best-friends, even childhood friends....
Thanks man you've put a lot of time to reply this and I am glad.But unfortunatelly I can't see what I've got to do to get him back. Anyway thank you again.

You can't do anything alone...
You both need to talk about the situation, because the most times, both sides think the same way, but don't want to be the first who talks, or think they know what and how you think.
So, try to talk to him about that, if he refuses then obviously he doesn't care anymore and so shouldn't you IMO.
As said, sometimes you just need to force your friends to answer to your questions. If he is your real friend he should be real enough to tell you what happend or why he's acting like that.
Anything other simply means, he just don't won't you as a friend anymore, sorry but it's how it is.

I had many of such situations and most have ended good or with a fist fight and after that we were all good.
But as said my friends talked about that, they had no choice... Big Grin
(04-13-2011, 10:27 AM)Gaijin Wrote: [ -> ]You can't do anything alone...
You both need to talk about the situation, because the most times, both sides think the same way, but don't want to be the first who talks, or think they know what and how you think.
So, try to talk to him about that, if he refuses then obviously he doesn't care anymore and so shouldn't you IMO.
As said, sometimes you just need to force your friends to answer to your questions. If he is your real friend he should be real enough to tell you what happend or why he's acting like that.
Anything other simply means, he just don't won't you as a friend anymore, sorry but it's how it is.

I had many of such situations and most have ended good or with a fist fight and after that we were all good.
But as said my friends talked about that, they had no choice... Big Grin
Well I wouldn't get a depressing life if I lose him as friend. Besides sometimes he acts like an butthead. So yeah I am going to speak to him tomorrow.Thanks for your advice man really helpful!

I have been in your situation. I have a friend whom I've known since 5th grade and sometimes we get into insult wars and when everyone in the group meets up we do not talk. After awhile he just start talking, I just ignore him back and eventually he says something. We never bring it up, though..hope I helped.
I'm in the same situation right now, except this was someone who used to be my girlfriend a few days ago. I've done nothing to her, but she ignores any messages I send her, whether they are just nice greetings and good luck comments, or whether they are messages asking about why she broke up with me. Doesn't make any sense really, I think I at least have a right to know. I've already heard from lots of people that she isn't mad at me or anything, so i'm going to talk to her about it soon.
Gaijin made some very good points. You should def speak to him, but pick the right time and place. If there's lots of people around it might be hard for him to open up. You have to be persistent if you want to keep the friendship. I've let a few friendships go because I just couldn't be bothered. If you've done something then you need him to tell you and you can apologise and try to move past it. If it's stuff he's going through, he needs to be open about it. If it's something else, then you need to get to the bottom of it.

It's tough when something bothers you so much that it affects everything else. Try to find the fun in your life and know that everything happens for a reason, ie. this will either bring you guys closer or you will make even better friends with someone else.
I don't really see much of a problem to be honest.

Give him some time, and everything will work itself out.
Yeah, time will heal your relationship. Or not.

I think best is to wait, dont push him too much, it can be really annoying.
Pages: 1 2 3