Support Forums

Full Version: getting over bad drug experience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello, I'm hoping this type of post is allowed, I read the rules and this topic doesn't seem to break any of them. Anyways, as you may be able to tell, this is my first post. I made this account to get some things off my chest; catharsis if you will. I would really appreciate any advice or words of encouragement.

I took a couple of pills recently with some friends, and my experience did not turn out as expected. I'm pretty positive that the pills were cut with some substances, and within about a half an hour I realized I was reacting to them very badly. I felt very scared and anxious, and at the time I took them, I was in a pretty public setting (extremely stupid of me, I know). My body felt very unpleasant, and I felt very disturbed by how chaotic everything felt. I felt like I was emotionally and psychologically unable to cope with reality. Later that night, I threw up and I started to feel much better, but I was having trouble sleeping. My friends were actually having a great time, and I decided to smoke a little, something that I was much more familiar with and I figured would help me relax and maybe get some sleep (once again, another very stupid choice). This made me feel better for about an hour, but then it all went back downhill. I started having some hallucinations while watching tv, and I started feeling physical sensations that I realize now were fabricated by my mind, but at the time I thought my body was breaking down. I though my veins were going to collapse or I would have a heart attack or something. I was basically terrified the whole night, and my friends were very aware of it.

Anyways, I was awake the whole night, and I slept very hard the next day. Now my sleeping pattern is a bit thrown off, so I'm awake at a pretty late hour and I've been pretty deep in thought. I've felt a little bit anxious and out of sorts since this happened, and I'm just longing to feel a sense of normalcy again. I'll probably start to gradually feel better pretty soon, but I also realize that this experience is something that I'll likely never forget.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, any comments are much appreciated.
p.s. I decided to post this anonymously instead (better safe than sorry), I just forgot to change that in the second second.
While I am all for drug use, it's also something that should never be taken lightly, do you have any idea what the substance was or was supposed to be? From what you described it sounds like a disociative or perhaps a mild hallucinogen.

Just be cautious the next while, things such as smoking marijuana can bring some of the high back on with certain substances.

If your friends were all having a good time then perhaps you either had a bad reaction, a bad pill or simply a poor mentality going into the experience, being nervous before taking mind altering chemicals can affect your trip severly, you should never take stuff like that when you are feeling even the least bit uncomfortable or nervous about it.

Both pills (they were two different ones) were supposed to be MDMA, but I was really naive to trust that they were pure. Upon doing some research on the internet, I'm pretty sure I took a combination of MDMA, TFMPP, Methamphetamine, BZP, and procaine... not to mention I smoked a couple waterfalls of some good bud as I was coming down. I figured the bud would calm me down and maybe help me get some sleep, but I think it just reactivated the chemicals in the pills and made me trip out even more. Do you have any idea how long it takes for all that stuff to clear out of someones system?

just knowing that I took all that crap makes realize that it was no surprise that I freaked out. One of my friends took the same two pills, and he was having a good time and slept pretty well, but I could tell I've never seen him that high/dysfunctional/out of reality. I actually was looking forward to the experience and not nervous at all, but it all just went to hell within the first 30 minutes or so. Anyways, I'm definitely going to lay off any substances for at least a week and try to get some good rest.
(04-11-2011, 12:29 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Both pills (they were two different ones) were supposed to be MDMA, but I was really naive to trust that they were pure. Upon doing some research on the internet, I'm pretty sure I took a combination of MDMA, TFMPP, Methamphetamine, BZP, and procaine... not to mention I smoked a couple waterfalls of some good bud as I was coming down. I figured the bud would calm me down and maybe help me get some sleep, but I think it just reactivated the chemicals in the pills and made me trip out even more. Do you have any idea how long it takes for all that stuff to clear out of someones system?

just knowing that I took all that crap makes realize that it was no surprise that I freaked out. One of my friends took the same two pills, and he was having a good time and slept pretty well, but I could tell I've never seen him that high/dysfunctional/out of reality. I actually was looking forward to the experience and not nervous at all, but it all just went to hell within the first 30 minutes or so. Anyways, I'm definitely going to lay off any substances for at least a week and try to get some good rest.

Drink lots of stuff high in vitamin C, cranberry juice is my favorite but whatever you like, get some exercise and take your showers a little hotter than usual, always does the trick for me, you should feel normal after a week at most.

It's quite possible all the pills were laced with "pips" as they're called and yours simply had more of it, most ecstasy tablets are produced in a fashion that the dosages aren't exactly measured per pill but rather on a per batch basis.

It is a hassle sometimes but you can always ensure your safety by getting one pill tested, there's a few labs that will do it anonymously, this takes some planning of course and a week or 2 to get results but nothing beats being prepared, especially when your source is unreliable or has poor quality products, which seems to be the case here.

Thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it.

Getting pills tested is definitely a smart idea, but I'm just not going to take ecstasy at all anymore. I've never had a very good experience with it, and this last time just sealed the deal for me.
Just take some at a time, so you don't have to do drugs anymore.

It's a easy and effective way to stop.

Good luck!
You're smoking weed right? Weed I always see as okay, I never judge for that. I've done so much and weed is really safe compared to the others. You aren't messing around with your brain receptors getting toxic. Just a word out there, that weed that helps you now may not help anymore and you need to try to be strong enough to not get into more harder drugs.