Support Forums

Full Version: I wanna get a boxer.Only am worried for my daughter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to get a boxer but am curios how they do with babies.My daughters 16 months and wanna make sure its safe?
Thanks and post away
i mean overall animals aren't safe for baby's as they can suffocate them by being in there fact etc. but overall if you watch it your daughter should be fine as she is indeed growing up i mean 16 months is pretty old if not wait a year until she is like 2-3
(04-11-2011, 09:21 PM)SinFull Booter Wrote: [ -> ]i mean overall animals aren't safe for baby's as they can suffocate them by being in there fact etc. but overall if you watch it your daughter should be fine as she is indeed growing up i mean 16 months is pretty old if not wait a year until she is like 2-3
Yes good form bro.I would never leave her alone with the dog of course but still want to make sure he would never get to protective and hurt her.

Don't get a boxer until the baby is older.

Or get a puppy at least.
If you're gonna, get a puppy and VERY CLOSELY have it close to your daughter. Nothing near the face. If there is no problems and after multiple trials the dog seems to like her I would say it is fine. If there is any sign of violence or aggression you cannot have the dog.
(04-12-2011, 06:58 PM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]If you're gonna, get a puppy and VERY CLOSELY have it close to your daughter. Nothing near the face. If there is no problems and after multiple trials the dog seems to like her I would say it is fine. If there is any sign of violence or aggression you cannot have the dog.

Yeah bro i think im gona wait till shes 3.My other daughter is 6 so she will have to wait for the boxer.Thanks for the support.
If you get the boxer as a puppy everything should be okay. But if its a bit older you should be careful as in old age they sometimes get aggressive from hip and knee disease.
This may sound odd due to common stereotypes, but pitbulls are the most child friendly dogs you can get.

Get one as a pup, and your child will have a friend for years.

Pitbulls are great dogs for toddlers for a couple reasons, mainly because of their extremely high pain tolerance. Toddlers tend to pinch, bite, and do other things that they don't know is bad. Pitbulls don't mind this because of the high pain tolerance
Get a golden doodle. It is a golden retriever mixed with a poodle. hey are wonderful with children. I love mine.
I'd be a little afraid and paranoid to have one around a baby.
Pages: 1 2