Support Forums

Full Version: My goal.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
For over 4 months now I have been trying to add some mass on my arms.

I had skinny arms, and wasn't really that strong, I couldn't even do 10 push-ups without getting tired as crap, I didn't have any kind of stamina/endurance either, I couldn't run for over then 1km without getting tired either, this was in 2010.

Begin of 2011, I started kickboxing, it has helped me in a lot of ways, the training is ridiculously hard, but worth every damn bit, I train 3 times a day, 2 hours each training, we do endurance exercises, and we do sparring too.
This was in January 2011, and I have been doing this to this point.

From January I also started trying to get some more muscle, I bought some dumbbells and weights, but I have not been dedicated to this, and have been slacking of a lot.

This changed when my brother returned from the army in Chechenya, he has always been training when he had free time, and not gyms, but calisthenics, and the training he did in the army.
This was in March 20th.

From March 20th I began to use the dumbbells I had, I did them every day, 3 times, when I woke up, at 16:00, and before I went to sleep.

This thread is just a motivation I want to make for myself, I'll try posting updated pictures every week or so, and see if I get any results.

Starting out, this is in January, when I didn't do anything at all.

These pictures have been taken 30 minutes ago, April.

I have taken this today, July 7th.

Taken on July 21st.

Taken on 10th of August.

Taken on 10th of September.

Taken on 28 January.

Taken on 20 June, finally something I can be proud of.
[Image: Untitled-1-7.png]

Again, I say, this thread is solely meant to motivate me to pull this off.

Thanks for anyone who would support me.
I really like you style mate. You are pumped Tongue

Keep it up Big Grin
Thanks you so much, it means a lot to me to see people supporting me.
I have some free time, and I want to do something good with it, instead of just sitting around and doing nothing.
Not bad progress for 3 months, you should work your triceps as well though, it looks like you've gained some muscle on your biceps but the triceps are what truly make great looking and strong arms.

A good workout for your triceps with those dumbbells would be sitting in a chair or on the floor, hold the dumbbells with both hands (one over the other) directly behind your head, your arms should be making a "V" shape. now bring the dumbbell up until your arms are just about straight up.
(04-07-2011, 11:32 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]Not bad progress for 3 months, you should work your triceps as well though, it looks like you've gained some muscle on your biceps but the triceps are what truly make great looking and strong arms.

A good workout for your triceps with those dumbbells would be sitting in a chair or on the floor, hold the dumbbells with both hands (one over the other) directly behind your head, your arms should be making a "V" shape. now bring the dumbbell up until your arms are just about straight up.
Exactly the same exercise my brother told me about, I have been doing it for a week, its quite hard, but I assume its good because so much people suggest it, and because I can feel my triceps burning afterwards ;).

Thank you.
(04-07-2011, 11:35 AM)Rediation Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly the same exercise my brother told me about, I have been doing it for a week, its quite hard, but I assume its good because so much people suggest it, and because I can feel my triceps burning afterwards ;).

Thank you.

Fair enough, do you do anything to work your deltoids (shoulders)?
(04-07-2011, 11:40 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]Fair enough, do you do anything to work your deltoids (shoulders)?
Yes I do, I hold the dumbbells down straight to my body down, and slowly pull them up while holding my arms straight.
(04-07-2011, 11:45 AM)Rediation Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I do, I hold the dumbbells down straight to my body down, and slowly pull them up while holding my arms straight.

That would be for your trapezius, watch this for an example of a good deltoid exercise you can do.
(04-07-2011, 11:53 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]That would be for your trapezius, watch this for an example of a good deltoid exercise you can do.
That is what I meant, sorry I'm not good at explaining exercises and such ;P.
Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it a lot.

I'm making some money with ShareCash, and maybe one day I'll be able to buy some more things to help me.
(04-07-2011, 11:56 AM)Rediation Wrote: [ -> ]That is what I meant, sorry I'm not good at explaining exercises and such ;P.
Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it a lot.

I'm making some money with ShareCash, and maybe one day I'll be able to buy some more things to help me.

No problem, although I didn't really help you, you seem to have it all sorted already.

When you do get the funds some heavier weights will surely help you get even bigger.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11