Support Forums

Full Version: Does my life really sucks this much?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I feel depressed for a while now. On and off, I'm happy for couple of days, then unexpectedly I get depressed for a lot of reasons. I used to have friends, I used to go out Saturdays night. Now, I don't have friends anymore. It just sucks, coming home from school and waiting to go to sleep. Actually, I sleep a lot. Just not to feel like crap, I can't take that crap sometimes. In my class, people are friends with each other. They go out together, they go to coffee before/after school, talk together. I always felt like an outcast, and still, I'm feeling like one. Like everyone avoid me for some reason. I don't go anywhere. If there was no school, I wouldn't probably even talk with people. My home situation sucks even more. Mom and dad are fighting alot, sister and a brother are going trough puberty, I share a room with them so you can just guess how fudged up it is for me.

Most of the time I feel so lonely. Every now and then I have this suicidal thoughts. I don't cut myself or anything, that's just too fudged up. Ohh, btw I'm 17 and a half, I never had a girlfriend, never kissed one or anything. I don't know what's the problem, maybe I'm just too fudged up or something...

I just want to get out of this depression an anxiety, get some self-confidence, stop using anti-depressants (I use them every now and then, just to take the edge off), make friends... have a normal life for a change. This past 17 years sucked hard for me.

Thanks for reading this crap, there's more but I don't want to write it atm. Please, can you give me a suggestion how to fix this crap of life of mine? No therapy and crap like that please...
What have you done for yourself to get you out of this situation? Have you tried to make new friends? Have you tried integrating into different groups?

If not then I think you are suffering from a bit of laziness and low self motivation that's all.
If I were you i'd try being more outgoing and energetic. At first you're going to have to almost fake it. After a while it'll become part of your nature. People will start to notice you more when you exert a new attitude. Don't be a dick either. Just be friendly and helpful whenever you can. No moping, no complaining, people don't want to hang out with a downer. Smile, stand tall to show your confidence and don't be afraid to laugh at yourself if you screw up. If you are talking to a new friend the best thing to do is ask them questions (especially girls). People will think of you as caring and will look to talk to you more often.

Also you should take up some hobbies or sports. They're a good way to meet like minded people. There are all kinds of things you can try. Look at your interests and go from there. Comics, magic, gaming, soccer, football, kites, models, cars etc etc etc. There are social groups for all of these things. Try a few.

Good luck.
Your life is alot better then mine, ill post my life soon and compare yours to mine!
its alright hang in there because you will make it just try and do positive thnaks get some air go to the park etc.
Gotta put yourself out there man. Confidence is key.
You are not "fudged up" in anyway. There is a word, it is called anti-social. Seriously, this will be hard and take quite a bit of time, but you need to boost your confidence and be more social. It will all fall into place. All your issues (besides the ones at home) will be solved. Are you confident with yourself? Do you have high self-esteem? If not, change that. Simply dressing nicer, getting a better haircut, and improving your posture can fix that very easily.

Now you need to be more social. Go to every social event. You may seem like a "loner" but then again who cares what people think when it comes to that? Join every club that remotely interests you. Try out for every sport you are interested in playing. You need to make an effort. You will then make friends, and eventually (or you'll meet them first) a girlfriend.

Good luck.
Hmm you know life isn't that bad. If you want to talk more with friends try to get their phone numbers and text them when you feel lonely. Another great place to talk with your friends is Facebook. I was really bored and didn't really have anyone to talk to in real life but using facebook I was able to connect with all my classmates so I suggest using that. Good luck and I hope everything gets better!
Exactly what the other people said. You should try taking a risk and be more outgoing. If you're in school, then join a club. There is a lot of friendly people who'll welcome you into the society and then you'll have friends in no time. You can't expect someone to go up to you and say "Hey, will you be my friend?" randomly. It doesn't work like that in the real world.

If you're going for a girl, then just be friendly. Just say hi and she'll notice. I mean, if a girl is down and depressed, one word can brighten her day. And then flirt; you'll have her digits in no time.

I think the reason that you don't have friends is because you are not confident. I'm 15 and I have really noticeable pimples. And I still talk to a lot of girls in my school. Be confident with yourself. If you're going to think this way then you won't get nowhere.

Change how you think. Just think to yourself "Confidence, Confidence". A girl hates a downer; most of them like someone who knows how to handle themselves.
Well, you're a nice guy, yes?
All you need to do is project that; don't keep it in yourself. As soon as people start seeing you for who you are (not someone who's sad a lot of times), they'll start coming to you.
Pages: 1 2