Support Forums

Full Version: Question for SF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is in the right section (I think)

Do threads you view in Emotional Support change your views on the person(s) who posted about a topic?

John Wrote:Guys I need help, my [problem].

Jane Wrote:Guys, my boyfriend is [problem]

Do these or any threads change your opinions about a person? Why? Would you ever think of holding it against them later? Just thought of this and thought I'd ask you guys.
A definite no for me.
Same here. My views are "What's in ES, stays in ES." it's personal and the fact that they reached out means they shouldn't be made fun of, harassed, etc.

I only made this thread because I was showing my friend SF and he saw this forum and he didn't like it.
Tbh I barely ever look at the username when replying to a post in ES.

If I do I forget it by the time I've read what's there. I post my 2 cents and get out.
No, thats what these forums are here for. This is to help people, not judge then on what they need for help for. So yea a definite no for this one.
I would have to say no, you could become best friends with someone, but you will still never know everything about them. If you could be friends with them without having to know anything about the way they think, or the way they are, then why would it change when you do finally figure things out?

It's all what we choose to make of it, so why should it make a difference.

Chances are, that opinion/idea has stayed with them over the period of time that you originally had an impression of them, so essentially, that must mean that they are still the same person.

It wouldn't change for me. People go through different things, others are more unfortunate, and we can't change reality.
It depends on the full context of the post. For instance if it was something like "yeah I hit it n quit it like a boss" or something arrogant and cocky like that, I'd lose any respect for them. However if they were discussing honest feeling about their family/friends/loved ones it's not my business to judge them for that.

Does that make sense? :S
(04-03-2011, 11:33 PM)gmoney21o Wrote: [ -> ]It depends on the full context of the post. For instance if it was something like "yeah I hit it n quit it like a boss" or something arrogant and cocky like that, I'd lose any respect for them. However if they were discussing honest feeling about their family/friends/loved ones it's not my business to judge them for that.

Does that make sense? :S

Yeah I know what you mean. Those people get on my nerves too, and I rarely take their posts or comments seriously. I just ignore them and move on to the next Tongue
I actually haven't recently posted, but whenever I do post, I don't necessarily look at the username. The only time I really do is if I have someone PM's me for help because it is private, and I have to remember what member goes with which story. It definitely doesn't have an impact on how I view people unless it's highly low quality.
Nope, not really. I don't judge, I realize others have problems and can understand that.
Pages: 1 2