Support Forums

Full Version: Boyfriend and his unemployment.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the most amazing boyfriend ever. We want to get married and have children and live the rest of our lives together. He is my best friend and amazing at loving me. Does the little things like asks if I need anything or leaves me messages all the time to tell me he loves me. We just got our own place together and in all of that, we're very happy.

The problem is that he gets laid off of every job because of budgets cuts and his couple of mill jobs or it's temp work that he didn't get a permanent position from. He works so darn hard and I've heard from a couple different bosses of his that they didn't want to let him go because of his amazing work ethic. He's also very brilliant. Another reason I love him.

He has his GED, I've seen him put in several apps over and over and then follow up on them over and over. No interviews, the position get magically filled. Even places like McDonald's or Wal Mart or anything that's entry level... NOTHING. Obviously this economy is bad, but how is it that he and my big brother (the same age and same city and same situation) can't get a job and not get laid off? Even the college guys I know. There ARE jobs somewhere, there has to be.

In all of this, the hardest thing is this depression it puts us in and the pressure on me since I hold down 2 jobs and go to hair school and pay for everything by myself.

Any advice on coping or a different approach?
Just think, through all your difficulties, you will always have each other. You can always help each other get through all the hard times, and be aware that your situation is only temporary.
Oh I pray it is temporary... Seems like it's not though since it's been a problem for our entire relationship. I mean, it's not his fault but it's so easy to forget that sometimes. Thanks though. You're right.