Support Forums

Full Version: My dog doesn't like Dogs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I adopted my Wiener dog from my family friend for more than a year so far and I love him alot. But whenever I take him on a daily walk he would "hate" other dogs if he spots them, he would try to run up to them and bite them somewhere which has happen in some cases. He just doesn't really like dogs in general. If you guys had a problem like this before please do share a method to stop him barking and trying to bit other dogs or animals and such.
Try other wiener dogs and then try some cats ;)
Just spank him everytime he barks at another dog. Bring your friends dogs over to your house to try and get it used to seeing and being around other pets.
Honestly, I hate those dogs. There's one on my block who always tries to do the same thing to my Pug. Its owner is an Asian lady who doesn't know good english so it's really annoying.
(03-26-2011, 08:24 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I hate those dogs. There's one on my block who always tries to do the same thing to my Pug. Its owner is an Asian lady who doesn't know good english so it's really annoying.

It's extremely annoying to hear him bark being he's a miniature dachshund/wiener dog. That is why I'd buy a muzzle but he seems to take it off every chance he has when I'm not looking at him.

(03-26-2011, 08:08 PM)SeePlusPlus Wrote: [ -> ]Just spank him everytime he barks at another dog. Bring your friends dogs over to your house to try and get it used to seeing and being around other pets.

I've spank and put him away in a room where no one is, so that he's all alone. The other thing was trying to get a dog to a different breed and he would scare them off from big to small. The only dog that he hasn't barked at is a Ddalmatian Dachshund mix. Does that mean hes like hating other breeds?
It sounds like a personal characteristic rather than his breed. I know of other dogs which behave in that way, and the only solutions are to train him to stop or avoid other dogs when walking.

Talk to a dog trainer or study reference books, for effective training methods.
Spank that doggy ;) Just kidding, maybe your dog will learn one day to like other animals.
Just force him to be around other breeds of dogs.
i guess thats kinda weird lol is it gay lol
(03-28-2011, 03:47 PM)A N D R E W Wrote: [ -> ]i guess thats kinda weird lol is it gay lol

No it's not homosexual, it doesn't like any dogs in general male or female. And please don't be like those who think anything is gay like "Dude this hamburger is gay".
Pages: 1 2 3