Support Forums

Full Version: Firefox 4 vs 3.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hayya, i have used Firefox 3.16 until now, and been most pleased with it. Now i upgraded it to 4. In Firefox 3.6 i have been using Orbit Downloader for grabbing music and videos from sites, but orbit downloader doesn't have support for firefox 4!o.O Can someone tell me please some alternative program that i can use as orbit downloader...?:/ And i noticed that firefox 3.16 used about 75 MB of RAM and firefox 4 uses a 125 MB of RAM!!! Why??? Shouldn't new products be less resourses consuming...?:/ And is there a transparent glass theme for firefox 4?Smile
You will not find many Firefox 4 addons at all because of how new it is, people developed those addons for the 3.6 version. All you can do is edit the addon yourself, or contact the creator to make it compatible with version 4.

That's not the way it worked for Microsoft between XP and Vista, however when Windows 7 came out, it improved that computer usage a bit. Don't expect things to be fast just because they are new.

You might find a transparent theme, but I doubt it. Like I said, Firefox 4 is new, so the likelihood of getting someone that has already came out with a transparent theme is small. I made a theme for Firefox 3.6, but had a bit of troubleshooting in the code to get it to work with Firefox 4. Last time I checked, there were less than around 30 themes that were readily available for Firefox 4.
Wow, thx for fast reply and really clear answer...;) I really liked fiefox 4 for it's faster speed and looks, but i turned back to 3.6 cuz of all add-ons...guess i will wait a little more to use firefox 4...Tongue Cheerz
FireFTP still works for me in Firefox 4, and that's all I need. You don't want too many Addons anyway. It's bad to install every one you see
the new position of the "Open in new tab" is driving me crazy!
I reluctantly moved to FF from Chrome... regretting every bit of it.

Edit : This is PC Hardware help and support. Not software!
(03-25-2011, 03:24 AM)Splodge0007 Wrote: [ -> ]I reluctantly moved to FF from Chrome... regretting every bit of it.

Edit : This is PC Hardware help and support. Not software!

Read the description of the forum though lol. It says "Software" as well. However, you do agree with me that it is a bit misleading do you not? I suggested this somewhere before in the site suggestions area, but I don't know what happened with the idea of adding "Software" into the forum title.

[Image: indexf.png]
(03-28-2011, 10:50 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Read the description of the forum though lol. It says "Software" as well. However, you do agree with me that it is a bit misleading do you not? I suggested this somewhere before in the site suggestions area, but I don't know what happened with the idea of adding "Software" into the forum title.

[Image: indexf.png]
Yeah. I do agree that It's misleading. There should at least be a sub-section for computer performance enhancement software, including monitoring software, discussions etc.
(03-29-2011, 08:29 AM)Splodge0007 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah. I do agree that It's misleading. There should at least be a sub-section for computer performance enhancement software, including monitoring software, discussions etc.

I honestly don't understand the arrangement of some of the forums, and why it's broken into just Dell and HP either. Software should be in that title though.
Firefox 4 has the ability to lock ur saved password just in case you get ratted