Support Forums

Full Version: Virginity debate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Given the types of forum sections there are, this seemed the most appropriate for this topic.

I got into an argument with my girlfriend today about something and I'd like to know what you guys think. If two lesbian virgins have sex with each other, can they still be considered virgins afterwards?

Remember, your perspective isn't worth a damn thing unless you back it up with sufficient reasoning. It should make for an interesting debate topic considering the concept behind virginity was adopted before homosexuality.
Yes they are, the dictionary meaning of virgin is being penetrated by a male organ, while that term has generally extended to also cover the male part of that act, it still doesn't really apply to lesbians.
If you follow the American Heritage definition of virginity, it seems any sexual union where you make contact with each other's genitals counts as losing your virginity.
Now this is a damn good debate. I rated it 5 stars and am even using Chrome to post on this thread so there isn't a double post Roflmao

I think they would technically lose their virginity. Wikipedia says the definition is "A virgin (or maiden) originally meant a woman who has never had sexual intercourse." They are participating in sexual intercourse so I think they would no longer be virgins.

Although, they aren't having normal sex so it is debatable, which is why I like this thread lol.
(03-20-2011, 08:08 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]Now this is a damn good debate. I rated it 5 stars and am even using Chrome to post on this thread so there isn't a double post Roflmao

I think they would technically lose their virginity. Wikipedia says the definition is "A virgin (or maiden) originally meant a woman who has never had sexual intercourse." They are participating in sexual intercourse so I think they would no longer be virgins.

Although, they aren't having normal sex so it is debatable, which is why I like this thread lol.

True, although some would have trouble agreeing on a single correct definition for sexual intercourse.
(03-20-2011, 08:21 PM)Solidify Wrote: [ -> ]True, although some would have trouble agreeing on a single correct definition for sexual intercourse.

According to Wikipedia: "Sexual intercourse, also known as copulation or coitus, commonly refers to the act in which the male reproductive organ enters the female reproductive tract.[1][2] The two entities may be of opposite sexes, or they may be hermaphroditic, as is the case with snails. The definition may additionally include penetrative sexual acts between same-sex pairings, such as penetration of non-sexual organs (oral intercourse, anal intercourse) or by non-sexual organs (fingering, tonguing), which are also commonly practiced by heterosexual couples."
(03-20-2011, 08:25 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]According to Wikipedia: "Sexual intercourse, also known as copulation or coitus, commonly refers to the act in which the male reproductive organ enters the female reproductive tract.[1][2] The two entities may be of opposite sexes, or they may be hermaphroditic, as is the case with snails. The definition may additionally include penetrative sexual acts between same-sex pairings, such as penetration of non-sexual organs (oral intercourse, anal intercourse) or by non-sexual organs (fingering, tonguing), which are also commonly practiced by heterosexual couples."

Having said that, sexually active gay men can thereon also be exempted from being virgins.
Well to me virginity is different for guys and girls.

Guys: I think males lose there virginity when they have an orgasm in or on the body of a woman/en after having sexual inter course. I think this for the fact being men have no way of telling so its just a matter of preference/ choice.

Females: I think women lose there virginity one there hymen is broken through sexual inter course only. I think this because women have a hymen to protect there vagina when little, so after this is broken it shows that they are old. Also notice i say only sexual intercourse because some young girls break it in sports.
This is a weird debate because there are facts that make it no longer a debate lol.
Of course people are still entitled to their own opinions.
(03-20-2011, 08:27 PM)RDCA Wrote: [ -> ]Well to me virginity is different for guys and girls.

Guys: I think males lose there virginity when they have an orgasm in or on the body of a woman/en after having sexual inter course. I think this for the fact being men have no way of telling so its just a matter of preference/ choice.

Females: I think women lose there virginity one there hymen is broken through sexual inter course only. I think this because women have a hymen to protect there vagina when little, so after this is broken it shows that they are old. Also notice i say only sexual intercourse because some young girls break it in sports.

That's a reasonable opinion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5