Support Forums

Full Version: Adopt a mom, 30 day Water Fast & I hope it's fast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK, with no support from family & I have no friends, I've turned to you, Support Forum. The 30 day water fast (cross my fingers) is more than cleansing my body of toxins. I'm usually very strong minded; strong willed individual. Recently, I hit the breaking point. This is not about losing vanity weight. This is not some FAD DIET! I'm basically a loner, don't follow the social norm & sort of new to, Yes, the WWW. (I have no Facebook thing & Twitter what?) I'm not some teenager, I'm not a geezer who was afraid to learn the computer, not an anorexic. I'm in my 30's, married 15 yrs, mom w/ 2 kids (8-13). I decided to do a cleanse of the mind, body & soul. No I'm not some, gonna shove religion down your throat person either. I am asking somebody to adopt me for the next 30 days to help me achieve my goal. If I can do this, then I can overcome the recent events that took place.

For those who want to know the basic details of me: I'm an ABC-American Born Chinese, from LA, the Valley. No I don't speak Asian, nor am I "Asian" I'm American (Not sure if that's good either, nowadays, I'm just a so called Hippie at heart tied up in a closet). I'm told I look Native American (would be cool to convert to the earlier years) Malaysian, Hawaiian etc, you get the point. 5'4 1/2", notice the 1/2" please. Usual weight 110 lbs. (please don't hate, participate) Normal weight fluctuates to 105 lbs-120 lbs. A hardcore Runner & not just saying that. Ran average 5.5 miles/6 days for the past 11 years & past year uped the mileage to average of 13 miles/ 6 days. And, No I never ran any marathons. No I'm not a bragger, just how else am I suppose to get adopted. I dislike resumes & interviews. I basically follow a vegetarian diet. Any other questions you need to decide before adopting me feel free to ask.

For whoever wants to know: Today is day 4 of my fast. The Fast is filtered frig door water + 1/4 Cup fresh organic lemon and water throughout the day. Start weight 126 lbs. and by day 4 at 119lbs (water weight of course) No enemas, or soaking in sea water Techo something like that, I forget what it's called.
Thanks for the support

Just out of curiosity, why water fast? You do know you will be losing as much muscle as you will any fat, not that it sounds like you would have much fat.
Is this what you're taking about? http://www.fitnessthroughfasting.com/waterfasting.html

That takes a lot of willpower. I couldn't do it. I've tried fad diets like Atkins and Nutrisystem but diets don't cut it for me :/ For you, you're already physically active and you'll have an easy time adjusting to the diet needed after the fasting is over.

Can you explain what you mean by adopted though? Are you looking for like a trainer, a coach, or someone to give you inspiration and support?
(03-19-2011, 09:48 AM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]Just out of curiosity, why water fast? You do know you will be losing as much muscle as you will any fat, not that it sounds like you would have much fat.

I have a lot of heartache. I'm not saying my story is special, but I got a story, like everyone else. On my own, I've overcome all my life's trials and tribulations so far, but two. Water fast is one of them. Maybe it symbolizes a rebirth? What do I know, honestly, I'm lost right now. Never thought I would be on a forum. It's a new one for me and it's good to try new things, right? 1st time for everything.

Also I am trying to lose muscle. So along with the Fast, I'm not pounding pavement. Yes, this will be a huge mental challenge for me. Not to husband bash, but my muscle bulk is defined by my husband as being fat. He likes the stick, oh my God will you eat something look. I personally like being physically active & follow a vegetarian style diet, supplements, yes I've educated myself with health/nutrition. I enjoy Garden of Life RAW.

(03-19-2011, 09:55 AM)iceybunneh Wrote: [ -> ]Is this what you're taking about? http://www.fitnessthroughfasting.com/waterfasting.html

That takes a lot of willpower. I couldn't do it. I've tried fad diets like Atkins and Nutrisystem but diets don't cut it for me :/ For you, you're already physically active and you'll have an easy time adjusting to the diet needed after the fasting is over.

Can you explain what you mean by adopted though? Are you looking for like a trainer, a coach, or someone to give you inspiration and support?

Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to check it out more in depth later. I'm not really on the web alot, besides stuff like ebay or order my running shoes. Which by the way I didn't realize I ran about 1500 miles on my last pair & after the Fast I'll be ordering new ones. oops. I don't necessarily diet or follow them, I just try to live a healthy lifestyle. I only learned who Kim Kardin...whatever her name is, just about 8 months ago & still don't really get why her picture is on the magazine racks. You could say I've been under a rock, but I'm not completely out of society.

Adopted, well, I'm basically without parents, siblings. It's just been me until my gramma died, then it was me. Then I met my boyfriend turned husband. Then 2 kids. I had no friends in grade school, 1 BF in middle school-moved so that was the end of that, then 1 BF in high school, then married & BF married a real penis head, so we're not BF anymore. I'm not like "normal moms" I'm usually the youngest mom with the age of my kids, since I chose to start young, don't gossip, grip about my husband/kids (usually pretty positive thinker), don't want to hang at the mall & charge everything & eat Wetzle Pretzels. I'm active & the active moms I've met so far, have their heads so far up their ass I tend not to enjoy their company. I get along better with the young female crowd, but I'm married so the singles want males around where I've never been around other men except passing them on the street. My husband doesn't do "social" Adopt a mom is just a "simple lady's humor" maybe it's not funny or catchy. Seemed like a real Oscar when I 1st typed it. Should I retract? trainer/coach/inspirational guru...whatever & whoever can fix me is fine by me.
I passed the Saturday AM breakfast I had to cook for the family. It was mentally challenging smelling the Mrs. Butterworths & not having any (It's funny I haven't had any in years & I wanted some). My family doesn't follow my healthy lifestyle. They like their "junk". The health food I make them usually follow with complaints or in the trash or I eat it so it doesn't go to waste. Normally I'd have my organic oatmeal, fruit or something. Oh boy I better not talk about food. I came online to not be around the food, just drank some water. I usually have the willpower, but I lost willpower recently. Hmmm, maybe that's why I'm doing the Fast, to regain willpower? I don't know, sounds good.

If this fasting will really make you feel good, then I'll support you as much as a person online possibly can. Yeye Pirate Thumbsup

(03-19-2011, 11:07 AM)MRyan Wrote: [ -> ]Not to husband bash, but my muscle bulk is defined by my husband as being fat. He likes the stick, oh my God will you eat something look.

But if you're doing it just to please your husband, I'd advice you not to go on with it. Eating just a lemon everyday is just as dangerous as eating a cheeseburger everyday (this statement is not completely accurate, but you catch my drift Oui ).

Anyways, take care of yourself, and good luck Smile
So for people who want to know about the Fast symptoms:

-Day 1 (Wed;3/16)- Start weight 126; muscle; 18% Body Fat; 5'4"; female-Asian, if it matters. Had slight headache, not hungry, overall a bearable day, calm mood. Bowel movement (BM) was a lot, more than normal. Twitching from not running/cycling/walking/hiking, no physical activity, argh!
-Day 2(Th)- Weight 123-BAD Migraine, nausea, felt like I had to throw up, slept for 12 hours (I only have slept an average of 4 hours the past year), major sweating, no fever and no chills, calm mood, but felt sick towards the end of the day. Bowel movement was soft serve and about 1/4 of Day 1 BM. Controlling myself not to go running, argh!
-Day 3(Fr)-Weight 120-Felt fine and dandy. No hunger, no headache, calm, mellow mood. My arm pits smell. Not that my pits always smell of roses, but yuck. No BM. No running, oh my God, just kill me now!
-Day 4(Sa)-Weight 119-This was so far my hardest day mentally. NO RUNNING ARGH!! The 1st weekend. It's Saturday, so family home, here comes the all day food orders & I went to the supermarket. I thought if the girl scouts were there again than this will be the day to buy.....no girl scouts, just boy scouts, just my luck. I survived, but I ended up buying an extra $50 worth of "JUNK" food for the family because I was secretly "eating" everything I put in the cart. Funny my tummy growled, but I wasn't really hungry, but I wanted food because well everyone was eating around me without a care in the world about intoxicating their body. I definitely had a mental high today, gee I was compelled to chat online, so something I normally don't do. By the way, if I offend anyone I'm sorry. I am usually very considerate to other people's feelings. I'm usually not at home, I'm out on a physical workout, running/cycle etc..I'm sure I'm an endorphin junkie. I don't have cable/TV, but enjoy movies & will buy a season set of an intriguing show, I love reading books, but I'm to antsy right now, even to play my guitar. I can feel my heart pounding hard, like I just went for a sprint. No hunger, but had wanted to lick Mrs Butterworths syrup, (Not her boobs; HA, HA). I wanted to eat, just to join everyone, but sat at the dinner table sipping water with a controlled smile thinking about the breakfast I didn't have, then the produce I didn't buy at the store (oh, the organic spaghetti squash, organic red bell peppers, organic carrots, organic mushrooms & the mound of perfectly displayed fresh organic fruit) then stared at the dinner in front of me. The chips, salsa, the left overs, one nibble, no don't nibble, there's a purpose to this. Then I had to clean the kitchen, then afterwards I began making my husbands lunch for his OT Sunday work. I visually saw myself take a bite of his wrap & just molesting his lunch. Had trouble falling asleep, 2 hrs of tossing & turning, but finally slept 7 hrs like a baby. I got mad and sat up in bed & saw myself walking to the frig & inhaling all the left overs. I dislike frigs' that have left overs in them. It's a pet peeve I have. I just plopped my head on my pillow & screamed in my head. Then mind fudged the strawberry ice cream sitting in the freezer. Oh today's BM was a normal little turd. In bed it just felt like stomach wants to eat itself and a little lump moving along the left side of my pelvic (what's that?) just 1/2" from my protruding hip bone & sounds like a Gremlin living inside of me. (The bad Gremlin) Oh my body was extra cold today.
-Day 5, surprisingly I'm calm, mentally so far so good, no headache. I hear my tummy growl, but I have no urge to eat. Maybe I'm full from the food I imagined eating last night. Lost another pound.. I'm sure it's water weight and not my muscles.....yet. I remember reading once that a person can gain weight by thinking of food. This was not the case for me. The bones of my chest, neck, rib cage, abs, back, spinal cord, shoulder blades are all sticking out, but still hold my biceps, triceps, quads, hamstring & calve muscles. Oh my body is warmer today and no BM.

I think the lemon 2x/day helps with the headache. I read once this is a natural remedy. I shower everyday with partially organic products as to not fill my body with toxins. No Running, boo who. I hate being sedentary, but part of this whole thing is to have willpower & to not do the norm for me. You think having Asian background I would be a natural at Zen, spiritual healing etc... like I said I'm alone in this world. My husband is my BF, I have great love for him, he's an excellent provider, but we're not on the same page. I believe he feels he's above me or I've just placed myself below him. He did paw my body intensely on Day 4. He hadn't pawed me since I bulked up, he said I was fat. I pointed it out to him & he said very sweetly, I love you, I like you thin. I took care of him orally & wondered what effects semen would have on an empty, detoxing body. Nothing so far. I feel a little constipated, though, HA, HA! We're not rich, just live within our means, barely making it, just like everyone else. And when I talk about buying all organic, it's not quantity, it's quality. My family likes their things. I hope I can just lead by example for them. Sometimes the hardest things for humans is to give up what they think they need & just simplify. I see myself living in the mountain/island and being quite happy & capable there. Which I did live in isolation for a couple years & rejoining society is difficult. I want to go back & wish my husband can live that way too. He won't give up the material things. He says he can, but he can't, he's gotta have the newest tech out there, that he can afford. I'm not husband bashing/gripping. Just talking.

(03-20-2011, 05:51 AM)Mao Wrote: [ -> ]If this fasting will really make you feel good, then I'll support you as much as a person online possibly can. Yeye Pirate Thumbsup

But if you're doing it just to please your husband, I'd advice you not to go on with it. Eating just a lemon everyday is just as dangerous as eating a cheeseburger everyday (this statement is not completely accurate, but you catch my drift Oui ).

Anyways, take care of yourself, and good luck Smile

Thanks, I appreciate it. My, hopefully temporary, insanity needs to be put to rest. I guess in a way I am doing it for my husband. I mean, I feel like I'm just spinning out of control recently. I've tried everything to regroup, but I can't this time. Can it be a woman's mid-life crisis? I don't know, but I want this for myself too. People have called me a Stepford wife & they're entitled to their opinions, I've been called trophy wife, heck I've been called the stereotype obedient Asian wife. It's not that, my husband & I want to please each other. I do admit, I feel because he goes out & earns a paycheck I'm suppose to do all the pleasing. And I have had many jobs in my homemaking career, but he's not supportive, he says he is, but trust me he's not. Then I end up quitting. He does not like to share me. And yes, he knows he's controlling, OCD etc..

That cheeseburger sounds really good. Oh I just thought of that Carl's Jr commercial I saw once where the sexy lady bites into the burger dripping sauce everywhere. What am I saying.... Save the Cows!
Hi everyone. I'm new here & I started a post on the Healthy lifestyle living category. The title of my post is "Adopt a mom 30 day water Fast & i hope it's fast." If you're interested in supporting me there I'd most appreciate it. And by the way, it can be, for some offensive, I don't mean to offend anyone, and I'd want to just say sorry ahead of time. But feel free to give me your opinions. Thanks to all for your time Smile I appreciate it.
I read your other thread, but I don't see the point in making a new one. Either way, good luck with your fast. I doubt I could do it.
No point in making this thread buddy, but since you already did, you should link members to your other thread.
I don't even understand this?

What does fasting and adopting a mom have to do with each other?
Pages: 1 2 3