Support Forums

Full Version: This thread is now closed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone suffer bad before a period? Your emotions are all over the place and it hits you without realising it. How does one control this without pushing people away? Any advice is appreciated. I feel sorry for the guys who have to go through this with sweet girls who become a devil for a few days one one minute to the next. It is exhausting and embarassing.
Hey, i believe that those guys who have the sweetest girls in the world, who becomes the worst in the world before a period... I believe that they are still quite happy.
Sure it would be a pain to be with her, but it's not for so long.

I've heard about it from some female friends, but not really that much.
I don't know if there are that many females here anyway :/ I just thought i'd post to make you see that you're not ignored atleast Smile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-Hydroxytryptophan

You can find it at most health or supplement stores, my ex swore it was the best for curing that, it helps to naturally release serotonin.
I don't quite get what your saying, could you explain a little more clearly to me.
(03-19-2011, 08:02 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: [ -> ]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-Hydroxytryptophan

You can find it at most health or supplement stores, my ex swore it was the best for curing that, it helps to naturally release serotonin.
Does this seriously work?

@OP I know what you mean. Around that time of the month, my mood swings are totally unpredictable and volatile. I don't even try to be upset. Someone could say hello to me and I'll be plotting a very violent death for them. Or Viral says something sweet to me and I cry my eyes out like he was announcing our divorce. It's really horrible.

The only real good part about this time is that this is usually when my writers block clears up and creativity goes through the roof. All of that emotional overload can be channeled into writing. I've heard exercise can ease the cramping symptoms and if exercising is more of a comfort thing for you, it will probably help regulate mood too.

In the rare case of those who actually have a disorder, it's PMDD: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004461/ <- basically, PMS on steroids. I thought I had that for a while but I just realized I'm moody in general and PMS only amplifies that. If someone has PMDD, though, I think there may be actual medical treatment.

If a guy doesn't want to go through it with the girl, he's not worth it. I understand when my girl goes through it and if she wants to bitch, then so be it. Most emotions are covered with support and comfort. It doesn't need to be a guy either. Just a really good friend.
(03-19-2011, 09:56 PM)RayzoR Wrote: [ -> ]If a guy doesn't want to go through it with the girl, he's not worth it. I understand when my girl goes through it and if she wants to bitch, then so be it. Most emotions are covered with support and comfort. It doesn't need to be a guy either. Just a really good friend.
I agree with this 100%. If he can't go through a little PMS, how would he handle something bigger, like child birth? Not cool. I have been fortunate enough to have a husband who will give me chocolate (stereotypical PMS = love for chocolate but omfg I would kill for it around this time) and rub my belly to make me feel better. If there's a guy who's like "quit bitching, it's not that bad," then he's not a good enough man to go through it with you :/
Thanks guys. Appreciate the support here and some sound advice. I find it has been getting worse and it is made even worse when the month has been generally stressful. Hard to prepare for something like this as when it hits you, boy does it hit. it is quite intense and when it is over, you feel you have been hit by a tornado and you are incredibly exhausted. I appreciate the links which I will look into. There may some quick fixes, though i think I will try to get more fitness into my life in general as maybe it does help with the situation. I shall keep a journal and let you know of the findings. Who knows, it may just help someone as I know depression can hit bad at these times, and some have it worse than me. Thanks everyone. Any other advice is great.
We all have hard times that we go through, no matter what the problem is. Be a man about it, if you can't handle these little problems, there's much bigger one's that's going to come at you in the future.
(03-19-2011, 10:48 PM)GrammarPhreak Wrote: [ -> ]We all have hard times that we go through, no matter what the problem is. Be a man about it, if you can't handle these little problems, there's much bigger one's that's going to come at you in the future.
// they are women *Facepalm
But yea be a women about it, we all have hard times, we just need to over come them. remember what doesn't kill them only makes them stronger.

Pages: 1 2 3