Support Forums

Full Version: I need Emotional Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Best day ever turned to the worst.

Today started great, got up early i had donated $25 to hack forums i was an amazing member and i was told by a few ub3r members i should apply for Ub3r upgrade so i did.

i send the pm to omni then i looked over my profile and it looked nice i was happy and confident.

then things all went wrong i got scammed $5 by this kid

so i sent in a scam report on him and my friend who is an ub3r was in my party and was listening and he knew i got scammed.

so i asked him to vouch in my thread saying the kid is a scammer and he was in a gamebattles match so he couldent he gave me his log in and i posted what he said for him.

then i got ban for going on an ub3rs account and posting even thow he was a friend and i only did what was aksed

so i lost a really good friend and i got ban off of the one site i love hack forums , i had donated and been devoted to this site since i joined averaging 20 hq posts a day

so i was ban and then hf went down and when it came back up it changed my username to Austin II and i was unban even thow ive never had that name my old name on it was ToXeGen then Lunchbox

my l33t was gone and all my rep was gone,

then being a good member i pm'ed the admin who ban me saying im sorry and i explained everything in this post then he ban me again

the ban if for 2 months thats such a long time for a mistake i had no clue about and i said i was sorry and i didnt even get a warning Sad

1. ban for 2 months
2. now i most likley will like never get Ub3r the one thing i wanted
3. lost a good friend
4. my donations will most likly go unoticed.
5. my friend is ban
6. lost l33t
7. all my rep i worked day an night for is gone.
1. You got banned from a giant community that is filled with trolls and skids. Trust me, once you realize it's not that amazing of a community you'll get over it. Even still, it's just a forum.
2. Who cares? Ub3r is over rated now. It's nothing that special.
3. You didn't lose your friend. It's a forum ban and not a big deal.
4. Don't donate if you are doing it just to be noticed. If you donate because you want to support something you love that should be enough for you. You shouldn't require recognition.
5. Maybe he'll get unbanned. Once again, it's just hack forums.
6. Again.. It's just a forum.
7. Rep is abused at hack forums. It's ok. It doesn't mean much.

No offense, but you shouldn't require emotional support for something like this. Just wait till you get hit with a real problem in your life and you'll see how little this matters.
Paradox said it all... Hackforums really isn't worth being sad or mad over. Just stop going on and try to find something else you can use to occupy yourself. Start reading things that you find online or find another community. This is a good community to start with... I'd take SF over HF any day now.
Good luck with everything though... PM me if you need to talk and get stuff off of your chest.
Holy Obi-Wan Kenobi There is a dude named -Paradox-.
By the way Hackforums got some HQ places if you know where to look.
I posted a better reply on you other thread.
I think the best thing to do, is realize that the posts/rep don't matter as much.
(not that I'm advocating ban evasion) But maybe you can at least browse the forums
and go on the IRC.
I don't think you should have got banned buddy, you really don't, but don't worry about it. There is nothing but trollers & scammers on there. Today, I am dedicating myself to Support Forums 100%, totally forgetting about my HF Account. So I will be active on SF much more now.
I understand that HF means a lot to you, and it must be upsetting to have experienced all that in a day.

Investing time and effort into a community and its members (even online) leads to attachment, and you will probably go through feelings of withdrawal. Online accomplishments like awards and rep are subjective in terms of importance, as the members above have expressed.

Don't forget, however, that the setbacks are temporary. $5 is a small price to pay for a lesson in safe trading. Worthwhile friends will know that your mistake is negligible. Two months will seem very long right now, but by planning to spend your time and effort in alternative ways (or on alternative forums) you will make the withdrawal easier to bear.

I have noticed you before as a friendly member, so take heart in knowing that you are a valued person of this community, too.
Also, I'm sure you can easily find ways to enjoy your time away from a message board. I'm sure you can invite some people over to play a co-op game for 5 hours straight filled to the brim with pizza and soda.