Support Forums

Full Version: A girl in my Spanish class...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It feels awkward posting this but:

I have this girl in my Spanish class. Idk if she slightly likes me or not, but I think I like her. When I say I "think" I like her, I mean I am not sure whether or not I am even good enough for her. I have some mixed feelings about her too. Anyway, we never hang out during our break/lunch but in Spanish, it seems like she cares about me somewhat. I am in middle school and I am 14, she is 13 or 14, i really never asked.

I have never asked a girl out in my life (REALLY pathetic) and I don't even know how to ask one out. So how do I? Thanks.

Also, she is really hyper (like 99% of the time). Also, I need to know when is the appropriate time to ask her out (like at lunch, after school, in class, etc.) Thank you for reading....

tl;dr How do I ask a girl out? and when is the appropriate time to ask her? I am in middle school, 8th grade at 14 years old. Thank you.....Unsure
Well, i'd say that you didn't ask her out before you know her a little.

Try to start talking to her, say "Hi" when you meet in the classroom and in the lockerroom and so on. And say "Bye" when any of you leaves the classroom for the day, or something.

See if she responds, and maybe start talking a bit with her during the spanish class. Ask her if you two could study spanish together. Of course, do this after you've greeted her some times. When you think the time is right.

You could see the "studytime" as a date, ish. Because it's almost like a date.

I personally suck with girls, but im just giving you tips i, myself, wouldn't dare to do. So.. Big Grin
Im way too shy for that stuff.
Flirt with her, get her number, then add her on Facebook. Walk her home, hangout with her after school.

Small things like this. Then ask her out. One thing, never ask her out in front of people. She will get nervous and so no and it'll end badly. When you and her are alone just ask her out. If she says no be like "ok well we can still be friends right?" Don't show it hurt. If she says yes it'll feel awkward so be like "so...since were going out do you wanan do what couples do?" as a joke and see her reaction. Then go in for a kiss.

Good luck.
No need to feel pathetic or weird buddy, this is normal. Anyways, since she is always hyper, you might have a hard time getting her attention some times. So, you should catch her alone & talk to her one on one or if shes has any friends, don't be afraid to talk to them about "her", always be nice to her friends but always talk about "her" to them. Be outgoing & funny, since she's hyper, she will like that. When you pass by her, smile & say "hey" if you have the guts to. Don't be afraid buddy,
(03-13-2011, 01:32 PM)GrammarPhreak Wrote: [ -> ]No need to feel pathetic or weird buddy, this is normal. Anyways, since she is always hyper, you might have a hard time getting her attention some times. So, you should catch her alone & talk to her one on one or if shes has any friends, don't be afraid to talk to them about "her", always be nice to her friends but always talk about "her" to them. Be outgoing & funny, since she's hyper, she will like that. When you pass by her, smile & say "hey" if you have the guts to. Don't be afraid buddy,

^ Very good advice.
The thing with "hyper" girls, is that they *will* hyper their way
out of your conversation. For example:

If you two are talking, she may see some friends and go "OMG!" *runs off*
If she's not the fickle type, than this is just her being hyper. She's not trying to ditch you, that's just (as I said) her being hyper.

Now, more on topic, the first step to take, is assess how long you've
known her. If you think you've known her long enough to get to know
her, then do so. Ask her what she thinks about you, and let her know
that you are showing interest. (Protip: Do NOT ask for a relationship or
to be boyfriend/girlfriend. Ask her if she might be interested in getting to
know you more. she will most likely be impressed by such a mature action.)

(03-13-2011, 06:09 PM)Mous Wrote: [ -> ]^ Very good advice.
The thing with "hyper" girls, is that they *will* hyper their way
out of your conversation. For example:

If you two are talking, she may see some friends and go "OMG!" *runs off*
If she's not the fickle type, than this is just her being hyper. She's not trying to ditch you, that's just (as I said) her being hyper.

Now, more on topic, the first step to take, is assess how long you've
known her. If you think you've known her long enough to get to know
her, then do so. Ask her what she thinks about you, and let her know
that you are showing interest. (Protip: Do NOT ask for a relationship or
to be boyfriend/girlfriend. Ask her if she might be interested in getting to
know you more. she will most likely be impressed by such a mature action.)

Again, great advice here. Listen to this buddy & you should be fine.
I really want to thank everyone who took the time to type their posts and give me advice in a mature manner. It really shows me that this site is mature enough to deal with real life problems. This is the place where I can go for some problems now, since I never have anyone to talk to about this kind of stuff.
(03-14-2011, 04:34 PM)Mocking Da Bird Wrote: [ -> ]I really want to thank everyone who took the time to type their posts and give me advice in a mature manner. It really shows me that this site is mature enough to deal with real life problems. This is the place where I can go for some problems now, since I never have anyone to talk to about this kind of stuff.

Always welcome here, brah.

This forum (to me) isn't really for trolling, so the only trolling you'll get from
me is reverse trolling the trolls who are trolling. :3

BUT, If we can do any thing else, feel free to ask.
Do not do it in class, she will feel pressured and will say yes no matter what, than break your heart later. Just take your chance after school and ask her. Have a little chat before about something personal than just stop take a breath and look into her eyes, no were else and ask her nicely not desperately " will you go out with me"
(03-14-2011, 08:27 PM)RDCA Wrote: [ -> ]Do not do it in class, she will feel pressured and will say yes no matter what, than break your heart later. Just take your chance after school and ask her. Have a little chat before about something personal than just stop take a breath and look into her eyes, no were else and ask her nicely not desperately " will you go out with me"
^

This is more of something you would do if you've known her
for a good long while, and she already suspects you like her.

I'm telling you, OP, stick with seeing if she'll hang out with you alone,
first, on a few "mock dates". Don't SAY that to her.
Just try and see if you can get her to spend time with you alone,
rather than with friends etc. If she's smart (by any means) she'll pick up on this.
Pages: 1 2