Support Forums

Full Version: Motivation to do well in school
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From 5th grade, my parents have used fear of me living on the streets and working for minimum wage all life to motivate me to do well in school. That was 6-7 years ago. Today, this fear is still with me, and I have actually cried over this fear during school during the end of every grading period.

Is this right for my parents to do? Are there any other logical means of motivating myself to do well in school?
I think its wrong, but then again they want you to be sucessful
They just want you to be successful. My parents did the same to me and I'm thanking them for it. If it wasn't for my parents I would care less about school and put myself in a bad position. My parents are responsible for who I've become today, and I'm more than proud to admit it.
Igore all what you parents said.
just think this: Do you want to be important in the future?
What can you do to hear your kids say: my dad's awesome he invented this, and made this and this!
Every time I think that I just work as hard as I can. Nuff said.
They're doing the right thing, you'll look back and thank them for it someday.
I motivate myself to do well in school by focusing on my goal and thats to get into dentistry. Whenever I start feeling down and unmotivated I picture proving everyone that's told me its not going to happen wrong and how they'll feel when I make something great out of my life.
It's better to just do what you can do. It doesn't matter as long as you really give it your best effort
No. Your parents shouldn't be so tough on you. It obviously had a detrimental impact and has done more harm than good. The answer seems obvious.
It's okay & normal for your parents to say all those thing to motivate you, they just care about you & want your future to be successful.

Things that could motivate you?: Think about life on the streets, you don't want to be out there like those other people who wishes they would have done better in school, wishing & regretting things & decisions they made day after day. You want to be living the good life, making & earning your money with the job you dreamed of & providing your family.

Think of that for motivation buddy.
I feel like you just took it to heart.

I highly doubt you'll end up on the street, those who do met circumstances that forced them to do so. Just stop worrying about it, and be grateful your parents at least care about you.
My parents do the same with me. TBH it's a good thing. When you have your own kids, they're gonna look up to you and you will want them to be successful too! My parents want me to have the life they never had and will pay for all education etc. We have a comfortable life with an expensive car, expensive clothing and accessories etc.
I am currently living a nice life, but when I'm older I want to continue it, not come home in dirty work boots.
Pages: 1 2