Support Forums

Full Version: Cyber bullying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm getting cyber bullied on my forum. I banned the user and I'm guessing he made another account. He called me names. He said that no one cared about my forum.

If you want to see what the conversation is, PM me for the link because I dont want any traffic going away from here.
Does this really bother you that much? Send over his IP and ISP info... >.< Then we can have some fun... xP
I am really interested in cyber bullying because I want to know why anyone would feel threatened by someone over the internet. So I have always wanted to speak to someone who has experienced it.
I feel like you're more offended that he insulted your forum..is this true?
To work on preventing spam to your forum you can disallow proxies to your website if you have the right permissions to do so. Bans mean a lot more, and they have a bigger impact on users once they know you have that in effect Smile There's ways you can do it in .htaccess if that's all you have.

don't let it bother you so much though, I don't know why it should.
Does this really bother you? It really shouldn't, he's just being childish, be the more mature one & just ban his IP or something like that.
(03-11-2011, 10:22 PM)GrammerPhreak Wrote: [ -> ]Does this really bother you? It really shouldn't, he's just being childish, be the more mature one & just ban his IP or something like that.

OP stated that he re-registered after a ban, so he used a proxy. If you keep banning you'll just end up with a list full of junk banned IP addresses. I used to have to ban quite a few people on my other forum before, and I disallowed proxies from being used, but there was always that one person with AOL where the last digit would change in the IP address. So it would be things like 77.77.77.11, 77.77.77.22, ect... Then you can just use the wild card and ban 77.77.77.* if you are desperate enough to get rid of them.

with Java it's even easier to disallow proxies. If you have a javachat, or anything similar.
(03-11-2011, 10:28 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]OP stated that he re-registered after a ban, so he used a proxy. If you keep banning you'll just end up with a list full of junk banned IP addresses.

He can reregister after a ban without using a proxy, just using different info.
(03-11-2011, 10:30 PM)GrammerPhreak Wrote: [ -> ]He can reregister after a ban without using a proxy, just using different info.

No, mybb has an option for a username ban, and also an IP method ban in the AdminCP. If you're IP matches that of any listed in the database, then it won't let you register no matter what info you send for the registration.
(03-11-2011, 10:39 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]No, mybb has an option for a username ban, and also an IP method ban in the AdminCP. If you're IP matches that of any listed in the database, then it won't let you register no matter what info you send for the registration.

I knew that but, he never said that he IP banned him.
Pages: 1 2