Support Forums

Full Version: redoing room need new tv and stereo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, so we are redoing my room including new painting (black on two walls red on the other two.), new tv, new stereo, and new posters. Anyway, i need you guys to post a new tv (price range 200-400) and a new stereo system (price range 50-200).
I have a Dynex 32' 720 HDTV

It's pretty nice, look it up on BestBuy.com, they should have it on there. Also the TV is only like $340 I think.
(03-10-2011, 05:22 PM)мιкe Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Dynex 32' 720 HDTV

It's pretty nice, look it up on BestBuy.com, they should have it on there. Also the TV is only like $340 I think.

$279.99 to be exact on the site. i will probably get a tv from somewhere around here, the bigger part im looking for is the stereo but thanks for the recommendation looks good.
(03-10-2011, 05:25 PM)Psychosis Wrote: [ -> ]$279.99 to be exact on the site. i will probably get a tv from somewhere around here, the bigger part im looking for is the stereo but thanks for the recommendation looks good.
No problem, hope you get everything you need at a decent price Smile
newegg.com, subscribe to their email sale offers and just wait until something nice pops up. They tend to put some pretty nice 22"-32" LCDs up from time to time for just about $300.

Right now I have a 32" Sony Bravia that I've been using for 2 years. It is absolutely gorgeous.
(03-10-2011, 07:37 PM)Scalise Wrote: [ -> ]newegg.com, subscribe to their email sale offers and just wait until something nice pops up. They tend to put some pretty nice 22"-32" LCDs up from time to time for just about $300.

Right now I have a 32" Sony Bravia that I've been using for 2 years. It is absolutely gorgeous.
Yeah, I would personally go with a Sony or another high end brand T.v if I had the choice, but I got my T.v for Xmas, I like the quality of Sony T.v's alot, they seem to have very good picture and have a long lifetime.
(03-10-2011, 07:43 PM)мιкe Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I would personally go with a Sony or another high end brand T.v if I had the choice, but I got my T.v for Xmas, I like the quality of Sony T.v's alot, they seem to have very good picture and have a long lifetime.

Yeah, Sony really knows what they're doing. I love this TV to death.

In all honesty if you plan on straight gaming, focus on a great refresh rate first. Most TVs nowadays have a fantastic picture anyways, as 1080p is the industry standard. But I do agree that some TVs do look more crisp than others. LED's in my experience tend to look the nicest, hence their immense prices. At work I've tested quite a few 65" Samsung LED TVs... nearly 1" thick and the sharpest picture quality I have ever seen.

In regard to the topic, again, if what you want to do is game make sure you focus on both quality/durability and again, a great refresh rate. And always use HDMI!
(03-10-2011, 07:37 PM)Scalise Wrote: [ -> ]newegg.com, subscribe to their email sale offers and just wait until something nice pops up. They tend to put some pretty nice 22"-32" LCDs up from time to time for just about $300.

Word. You might as well buy a large monitor instead of a tv. Monitors are cheaper and pretty much all of them are 1080p. When you look at TV's pretty much everything is 720p until you get past 32"
(03-11-2011, 02:12 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]Word. You might as well buy a large monitor instead of a tv. Monitors are cheaper and pretty much all of them are 1080p. When you look at TV's pretty much everything is 720p until you get past 32"
Where do you see monitors cheaper anywhere around here a 18" monitor is like $200 when I can get an 18" tv for 100....
(03-11-2011, 02:29 PM)Psychosis Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you see monitors cheaper anywhere around here a 18" monitor is like $200 when I can get an 18" tv for 100....

Newegg.com
I suggest buying all electronics from that site if possible.
Here would be a good option for you unless you want something bigger.
Pages: 1 2