Support Forums

Full Version: Shitty days...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, i guess most of you can relate to suicidal thoughts, because what i've heard most people goes through that.
I've been depressed for a long time now, and i've been suicidal for around 3 years or so. You might not think it's a long time, but i do.

Been depressed due to many different reasons, none is involving death though, yet. Just got to hear my grandma is quite bad but that doesn't go to this thread.

Well, the thing is that i've been hurting myself, not so bad, for some time before. I stopped though, because a friend got me on other thoughts. Though the problem is that i recently started again..

You might say that i need to see someone, but i don't want to. I've been refusing to go to someone to talk about my "problems" for like a year. I can't really see them as that huge, and not really that important.

Sure, i might need someone to talk about, but i don't want to. (5am here >.<)

Well this depression has started to fudge up my school alot. Im behind in most subjects, and might not even get a grade in a few, wich sucks.
Decided that i should do my best to fix this, but it's a bit hard to do something you dislike, when you're depressed and feels like you have no reason to do anything, not even to live.

I've felt that i've reached something like a dead end in my life. I can't really go further and be happy. It's just like 12 shitty years of my life, so i can do something i like for a few years. Then i'll get tired of that and work just because i get money from it, even though i'll hate it, until i retire so i can wait until i die.
Sound so great, this thing we call life. Right?

Yeah, i know there's good parts in between. But those are the major things for someone to be able to have a happy life. Those shitty boring things..

Anyways. Anyone who has any good tips on how to get through this craphole?

And im also starting to think that im somehow mentally sick, for some reasons i won't tell. Maybe that's just something normal when you're depressed and stuff..

Anyways, thanks for reading and, hopefully also answering.
First off, you need to stop inflicting pain on yourself. This might relieve stress and painful thoughts, but there are more safe alternatives that will benefit your health in a better way.

Sure, it may have been 12 bad years, but you still have a full life ahead of you. Committing suicide may be one of the worst choices, just because you have so much time in life to shape it the way you want to.

I know it's extremely difficult, but I would advise you to do well in school. Get a tutor, ask for help, anything. Doing well academically is a vital aspect of your life because it can determine what career you will pursue in and getting an occupation, which will be the source of your monetary gain. Without this, you will be living with your parents for the rest of your life.

On another note, try making some friends. Not friends that do drugs, or drink alcohol, but those that are intelligent and achieve academically. These are the types of people you want to be hanging around, as they might be a source of inspiration, and encouragement. Spending time with people with these lifestyles will improve yours as well. Of course this might be a difficult transition, but you have to realize that this change will be for the better.

A great way to relieve stress, other than self-harming, is exercise. Try to come up with a plan, and stick to it. Not only will these immensely take your mind off of everyday problems, but it will boost your confidence and self-esteem. If you are having further problems, or just need someone to talk to, please feel free to send me a private message. I am on here several times a day, and I will respond without a doubt.

Hopefully you will take this advice to heart, and you take the high road out of your situation. Don't resort to self-conflicted pain, you know just as much as we do that it is not of benefit. Good luck, and hopefully you are able to steer your life in a positive way.
Well the thing is that self-harm is just a way to get out of the stress, and get something else to think about, so..
To me, it's like a temporary room, where i can relax and forget about the rest of the crap that's happening around me.

I did quit for quite a long time, but yet im back in the same position again. I have spoken to some friends, online friends, about it, and stuff. But still.

Im not going to kill myself for sure. Im not brave enough to do it. Even though i've tried twice, and almost did it a third time, though i didn't. But i won't go back THAT far, again. So im kind of improving a little bit.

Im already trying to fix school, so. And exercise isn't really something i even like, but im getting forced to by my mother. It's not that horrible, but it's not great either.

Anyway i'll try to do my best, i was just asking in case someone had any good and easy tips on how to get out of it.

Thanks for your answer though Smile
(03-09-2011, 09:46 PM)Zyx Wrote: [ -> ]Well the thing is that self-harm is just a way to get out of the stress, and get something else to think about, so..
To me, it's like a temporary room, where i can relax and forget about the rest of the crap that's happening around me.

I did quit for quite a long time, but yet im back in the same position again. I have spoken to some friends, online friends, about it, and stuff. But still.

Im not going to kill myself for sure. Im not brave enough to do it. Even though i've tried twice, and almost did it a third time, though i didn't. But i won't go back THAT far, again. So im kind of improving a little bit.

Im already trying to fix school, so. And exercise isn't really something i even like, but im getting forced to by my mother. It's not that horrible, but it's not great either.

Anyway i'll try to do my best, i was just asking in case someone had any good and easy tips on how to get out of it.

Thanks for your answer though Smile

There's no easy way to get out of it.

Your mother is trying to get you to exercise for a reason. It is a great stress reliever, which may be a substitute for hurting yourself in this situation. A long run always takes the stress away for me.

I believe exercise is your best way out of this. How are you socially?
(03-09-2011, 09:54 PM)Deltron Wrote: [ -> ]There's no easy way to get out of it.

Your mother is trying to get you to exercise for a reason. It is a great stress reliever, which may be a substitute for hurting yourself in this situation. A long run always takes the stress away for me.

I believe exercise is your best way out of this. How are you socially?

Well, my social life is quite dead. I only have a few friends, like two or three, in real life. Though i have more friends online to talk to. But.

I've tried to get out to become more social, and it's something im working on quite hard.
(03-09-2011, 10:41 PM)Zyx Wrote: [ -> ]Well, my social life is quite dead. I only have a few friends, like two or three, in real life. Though i have more friends online to talk to. But.

I've tried to get out to become more social, and it's something im working on quite hard.

Great. Thumbsup

As I have stated numerous times in this forum, social skills are one of the most important aspects of one person's life. Try hanging out with friends, asking them to go to the movies, beach, etc. Remember, friends aren't going to come to you. You're going to have to make an effort to meet new people, create events, etc.
As said above, you need to stop hurting yourself. That's not going to accomplish anything. Have you tried re doing your apperance? Overall re evaluating your hygene is a great way to feel better about yourself and get more inspired to make more friends. Try out a new style, see how it looks on you. Who knows, it may boost your confidence!
You say hurting yourself is like a temporary room... This is the thing, it's only temporary, and it will hurt you in the long run. You need to find a way to remove stress for more than a little bit. Get what I'm saying?
(03-10-2011, 02:58 PM)Impurity Wrote: [ -> ]As said above, you need to stop hurting yourself. That's not going to accomplish anything. Have you tried re doing your apperance? Overall re evaluating your hygene is a great way to feel better about yourself and get more inspired to make more friends. Try out a new style, see how it looks on you. Who knows, it may boost your confidence!

Changing your style actually helps make people more confident, well atleast it made me more confident. Im a big ass dude and I talk to some pretty cute girls Smile

Change your style bro, it helps.
(03-10-2011, 05:37 PM)мιкe Wrote: [ -> ]Changing your style actually helps make people more confident, well atleast it made me more confident. Im a big ass dude and I talk to some pretty cute girls Smile

Change your style bro, it helps.

Exactly! You'd be suprised how much confidence you have once you re do your image.
Pages: 1 2